× Members

I Take 150mg a Day of Antidepressants (Sertraline)

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #113102 by DaPa
Where would I indicate this illness on the ESA50?

WD
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by .
The topic has been locked.
10 years 6 months ago #113105 by

WeDesign wrote: Where would I indicate this illness on the ESA50?

WD

Hi WD,

If you have been diagnosed with depression, then you should refer to the limitations caused by said diagnosis in the relevant sections of the MH part of the ESA50.

You could draw reference to the prescribed drugs for this depression, and list the the prescribed medication on page 5 of The ESA50 : "About your medication" you could also provide copies of all your repeat meds, and list any side effects suffered as a result of having to take them.

Remember, it is not the medical condition in itself, it is the resulting limitations and whether they fulfill any of the Descriptors.

Even though it is stated that only limitations caused as a result of MH problems will be considered in the MH activities and that only limitations as a result of physical conditions will be considered in the physical activities, you should include your limitations in any of the activities that you feel apply.

It will then be up to ATOS and The DM to decide.

bro58
More
10 years 3 months ago #115837 by DaPa
I have been diagnosed with depression and take the relevant medication.

If a F2F is required would my assessment need to be carried out by a Doctor?

WD
More
10 years 3 months ago #115846 by Puccalove
A lot of criticism has been levelled against Atos for not using appropriate medical professionals for example physiotherapists have been used to assess the mentally ill. One would hope that they would have learnt from this but one cannot be sure. I would reccommend asking what their qualifications are but they may simply answer that they have been trained by Atos to undertake the assessments. You could also ask to be assessed by someone with knowledge of mental health but they may not oblige. If you ultimately end up appealing the decision that is made you could query the qualifications of the person who assessed you. If you feel they were not suitably qualified this may help your appeal, particularly if you can get supporting evidence from your own doctor.
  • pata1
10 years 3 months ago #115875 by pata1
Hi WeDesign,

Sertraline (Lustral) belongs to a group of drugs called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRI's) Depression occurs when the serotonin levels are high, SSRI's lower the uptake of serotonin and are used mainly in depression and obsessive compulsive disorder.

I've been on sertraline since our son was killed over 10 years ago in a tragic drowning accident.

I take 50 mg twice daily. If you're taking 150 mg per day then your depression must be very bad. Sertraline like all SSRI's can cause serious side effects, so make sure you include this on your ESA50.

If there isn't sufficient room then add an extra page(s). If you need to have a face to face medical by a HCP, make sure you let them know you're taking 150mg per day.

See Sertraline

You should not get all the side effects, but many are common.

Good luck.

Pat (retired Nurse SRN & RMN.)
More
10 years 3 months ago #115886 by chrissy v
Hi I am on 200mg a day + 900mg of gabapentine + 20mg Amitriptyline +8 co dydramol +90mg Dihyrocodeine +10mg Nitrazapan this is all daily every day and I saw a doctor and I was found fit for work , all this is due to failed back surgery some nearly 30 years ago.

CV
Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.