× Members

I Take 150mg a Day of Antidepressants (Sertraline)

• pata1
10 years 3 months ago #115901 by pata1

chrissy v wrote: Hi I am on 200mg a day + 900mg of gabapentine + 20mg Amitriptyline +8 co dydramol +90mg Dihyrocodeine +10mg Nitrazapan this is all daily every day and I saw a doctor and I was found fit for work , all this is due to failed back surgery some nearly 30 years ago.

CV

Although it's long time since I was a moderator here, and threads must not be allowed to a develop into a discussion. However, as a retired State Registered General nurse and a Registered Mental Nurse. The drugs CV is taking are a combined lethal risk to her health and I urge her to see her GP or vist A & E as soon as possible.

Amytriptyline and Nitrazapam are both anti-depressants, plus the 200 mg of sertraline. No one should be on 3 different antidepressant drugs unless they're a hospital in-patient. Gabapentiin is often used for seizures or neuropathic pain. 8 co-dyramol is the maximum dose for a day since as well as containing codeine, each tablet contains 500 mg of Paracetamol .Dihydrocodeine is a potent opioid analgesic and certainly shouldn't be taken the whilst on Co-dydramol.

Gordon, please allow this post this as this lady is taking a very dangerous cocktail of drugs which could cause a severe side-effects or lethal. Whoever prescribed this cocktail has put her life at risk.

I have no objection to you locking it, even deleting it after she's had the time to read my professional comments.

Many thanks.

Pat
The topic has been locked.
  • Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
More
10 years 3 months ago #115940 by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law)
Replied by Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law) on topic I Take 150mg a Day of Antidepressants (Sertraline)
I am locking this thread which my wife retired SRN & RMN answered in my absence, as the forum is for benefits advice and not for members telling us what medication they're on.

However, I hope that CV has taken my wife's advice.

PLEASE READ THE SPOTLIGHTS AREA OF THE FORUM REGULARLY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT INFORMATION. Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The topic has been locked.
Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.