× Members

DWP not enough PIP Claimants?

• teabag
  • Topic Author
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #113490 by teabag
DWP not enough PIP Claimants? was created by teabag
I'm confused received a letter this morning from Atos stating that they are contacting persons identified as being involved in my care.

I filled in an application for PIP but never sent it back as i was advised by CAB not to due to awaiting an appeal hearing for DLA I should not apply for PIP.

Phoned atos who advised me to phone DWP as it might be to do with my ESA

Phoned DWP which was the PIP claim number she said they might just be carrying on anyway and to see what happens

Has this happened to anyone else?

Or do any any of you moderators have any ideas ?

Or do you think like me that in my area maybe they're looking for work as they haven't got enough claimants !!
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #113492 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DWP not enough PIP Claimants?

teabag wrote: I'm confused received a letter this morning from Atos stating that they are contacting persons identified as being involved in my care.

I filled in an application for PIP but never sent it back as i was advised by CAB not to due to awaiting an appeal hearing for DLA I should not apply for PIP.

Phoned atos who advised me to phone DWP as it might be to do with my ESA

Phoned DWP which was the PIP claim number she said they might just be carrying on anyway and to see what happens

Has this happened to anyone else?

Or do any any of you moderators have any ideas ?

Or do you think like me that in my area maybe they're looking for work as they haven't got enough claimants !!

You need to contact the DWP in regard your PIP claim to find out whether it is still live.

My understanding is that once you start a claim for PIP then there will always be a Decision made on your claim. If you do not return the form then you can be found as not being eligible, which will limit any payments from your DLA appeal should you win.

If ATOS are trying to contact you then there is still a chance that your claim is active, if it is then my best advice is for you to complete the form and return it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• teabag
  • Topic Author
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #113522 by teabag
Replied by teabag on topic DWP not enough PIP Claimants?
thanks gordon as I was told by DWP that if I didn't send the form back in time that I would have to reapply I foolishly it seems assumed that they wouldn't proceed with the application. :angry:

I will have to try and fill the form in over the weekend as if I haven't enough to do sorting out the mistakes the CAB have made of the submission they did for my DLA Appeal which I have found out won't be heard till December, (mind u probably its a relief in a way that its not being heard sooner) I was told in August that i would get a date for hearing in November.

I'm wondering whether to submit another submission and tell them to ignore the one sent in by the CAB, never again will i ask the CAB to help as when i phone up they can never find any trace of the work they've done and takes weeks for them to find out the person dealing as their staff seem to be constantly changing, I had 3 people working on the DLA Appeal and still they couldn't get it right.

Sorry rant over having one of those days.

More
10 years 5 months ago #113525 by Gordon
teabag

Have you had a chance to check whether your PIP claim is live or not?

If your form is already late, then you have nothing to lose by making sure that it is detailed, so whilst you need to get it back as soon as possible, do not do so at the expense of completing the form properly.

I am always nervous of advising claimants who have some form of representation as they will always have a better view of the claim than we can get on the forum, however, this is your claim and you need to be happy that your case has been presented in the best possible way.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• teabag
  • Topic Author
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #113534 by teabag
Replied by teabag on topic DWP not enough PIP Claimants?
Thanks Gordon I'm assuming its live as I have had this letter from Atos I have to phone my GP everyday to see if they've been contacted apparently they can't tell me when they receive anything.

Should I ask to speak to a manager at the PIP as I spoke to someone on their switchboard I think as she couldn't tell me anything as to why I had received the letter from Atos

I still think I should try and fill this form in and I will try and phone them again on monday, I didn't tell the person I spoke to cancel the claim as I didn't know what to do originally I was told that I stood more chance of getting DLA than PIP and therefore not to proceed with PIP and with the person at DWP back in september telling me that if it wasn't sent back then I would have to reapply i assumed it would be cancelled.

Now I don't know what to do as hopefully my DLA hearing should be heard in December 2013.

Don't know whether to carry on with PIP it if it is still live or tell them to cancel it.

If my DLA Appeal failed then I was going to try and claim PIP as my circumstances have changed and i have more evidence that probably wouldn't have been taken into account when I claimed DLA

More
10 years 5 months ago #113537 by Gordon
Teabag

The issue you have is that your PIP claim will now limit any award that you may receive with you DLA appeal so you will need to progress it, you need to find out if your original claim is live in order to understand whether you need to make a new one or continue with the original one if it is still considered live.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law), teabag

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.