× Members

DWP not enough PIP Claimants?

• teabag
  • Topic Author
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #114062 by teabag
Replied by teabag on topic DWP not enough PIP Claimants?
Many thanks for that info.
Now its just a case keeping everything crossed and hoping they take notice of the bit she put in about being unable to travel due to Agrophobia and hope they don't call me for a F2F for PIP and offer me a taxi like they did when I had to go for a F2F for my ESA after I paid £10 for a letter. :angry:
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #114064 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DWP not enough PIP Claimants?

teabag wrote: Many thanks for that info.
Now its just a case keeping everything crossed and hoping they take notice of the bit she put in about being unable to travel due to Agrophobia and hope they don't call me for a F2F for PIP and offer me a taxi like they did when I had to go for a F2F for my ESA after I paid £10 for a letter. :angry:

Unfortunately, even with GP support the decision on a face to face lies with ATOS, the fact that you managed to attend your ESA assessment may count against you.

Don't forget that you can have someone with you at the assessment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• teabag
  • Topic Author
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #114066 by teabag
Yes my daughter and her partner took me to the F2F in Croydon but that isn't far from where i live Wandsworth will be a definite no show as there is no way with anyone that i could go to Wandsworth its miles away and in traffic it could take over an hour and not somewhere i've been before.
What would happen if I didn't go would PIP be automatically refused and would i be able to appeal on the grounds that i have Agrophobia and doctors report?
Sorry this is the last question tonite looks like you would have a quiet evening if it wasn't for me probably because of the footy sorry if I'm stopping you from watching it.
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 5 months ago #114071 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DWP not enough PIP Claimants?

teabag wrote: Yes my daughter and her partner took me to the F2F in Croydon but that isn't far from where i live Wandsworth will be a definite no show as there is no way with anyone that i could go to Wandsworth its miles away and in traffic it could take over an hour and not somewhere i've been before.
What would happen if I didn't go would PIP be automatically refused and would i be able to appeal on the grounds that i have Agrophobia and doctors report?
Sorry this is the last question tonite looks like you would have a quiet evening if it wasn't for me probably because of the footy sorry if I'm stopping you from watching it.

The most likely result is that your claim would be closed, whilst this would, in principle, be an appealable Decision (see below), there is no guarantee that you would win, as I said your attendance at the ESA assessment will not help.

PIP claims are subject to Mandatory Reconsiderations, so you would only be entitled to appeal such a Decision if the DWP did not revise the Decision in your favour, however, the DWP are not required to Reconsider the Decision and if they do not, you may not be able to make an appeal, so I would think very carefully before refusing to attend.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: teabag

More
10 years 5 months ago #114072 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic DWP not enough PIP Claimants?
I can't speak for Gordon, but I am thankful for anything that takes the place of football!

• teabag
  • Topic Author
10 years 5 months ago #114073 by teabag
LOL i know what u mean Mrs Hurtyback but the same applies to tv with me as well.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.