× Members

DWP not enough PIP Claimants?

• teabag
  • Topic Author
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #113627 by teabag
Replied by teabag on topic DWP not enough PIP Claimants?
Hi just thought I would update its taken me 3 full days to complete the PIP claim form following your guides whist reading the guides it does say that if you have a mental illness and the forms are not sent back they will proceed with the claim, wish I had read the guides earlier before I applied :( still posted original form plus medical letters special delivery to DWP Decision maker and copied everything and sent special delivery to Atos at Stockton-on-tees, this address confused me (as my ESA letters came from wembly) but its the address on top of the letter sent from Atos. So just have to wait and see what happens now, hoping to get a date about my DLA Appeal in the next couple of weeks.
Can you tell me how this application for PIP can affect my DLA appeal as I don't receive any DLA and another thing when filling out the PIP form at the back it says that the information in it could affect other benefits hope I don't get another ESA form yet as prognosis in the support group was for 2 years from February this year
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #113631 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DWP not enough PIP Claimants?
Teabag

As a worst case scenario, if you won your appeal and were awarded DLA, but were found to not meet the criteria for PIP, then your DLA would stop be stopped by the PIP failure although you would still receive back payments for the missed DLA. The PIP Decision would be appealable.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• teabag
  • Topic Author
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #113642 by teabag
Thanks for that Gordon, i've just phoned Atos to let them know there's a copy of the form and medical evidence on the way and asked who they're contacting for information, they can't tell me but the ;day said that my case had progressed a bit and that they wanted me to go for a F 2 F at the end of December at Wandsworth, told her got no chance of attending as I have agoraphobia, amongst other health problems I live near Croydon! So she didn't push for me to make an appointment and said Atos would contact me when they've had a chance to look at information I've sent, I asked who they were contacting as my GP has not received anything, she said she couldn't tell me. Surely they should be able to?

More
10 years 5 months ago #113660 by Gordon

teabag wrote: Thanks for that Gordon, i've just phoned Atos to let them know there's a copy of the form and medical evidence on the way and asked who they're contacting for information, they can't tell me but the ;day said that my case had progressed a bit and that they wanted me to go for a F 2 F at the end of December at Wandsworth, told her got no chance of attending as I have agoraphobia, amongst other health problems I live near Croydon! So she didn't push for me to make an appointment and said Atos would contact me when they've had a chance to look at information I've sent, I asked who they were contacting as my GP has not received anything, she said she couldn't tell me. Surely they should be able to?

You spoke to an administrator, any decision to contact your GP will be made by a doctor once they have received your form.

If they do not offer you a home assessment them you will need to speak to your GP as they will need to write a letter for ATOS explaining why it is necessary.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• teabag
  • Topic Author
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #114060 by teabag
hi another update got my DLA Appeal date 10th January 2014 and got a call from my surgery to say my GP had filled in the PIP GP Factual Report has 00004***10 in the top right hand corner form if I wanted to see it before it was sent. So I obtained a copy for my records cost me £1, still thought it would save me worrying about what she had put and it has.
Can you tell me where this would have been sent from if it was Atos should I send the DWP a copy or if It came from the DWP then should i send a copy to Atos.
Also could i send a copy of this report to the tribunal to support my appeal for DLA as in several places she has written that the ME and Agrophobia I have had since 1984 and she believes are likely to be ongoing and that my back problems are degenerative and likely to be ongoing along with the problems they cause.

More
10 years 5 months ago #114061 by Gordon

teabag wrote: hi another update got my DLA Appeal date 10th January 2014 and got a call from my surgery to say my GP had filled in the PIP GP Factual Report has 00004***10 in the top right hand corner form if I wanted to see it before it was sent. So I obtained a copy for my records cost me £1, still thought it would save me worrying about what she had put and it has.
Can you tell me where this would have been sent from if it was Atos should I send the DWP a copy or if It came from the DWP then should i send a copy to Atos.
Also could i send a copy of this report to the tribunal to support my appeal for DLA as in several places she has written that the ME and Agrophobia I have had since 1984 and she believes are likely to be ongoing and that my back problems are degenerative and likely to be ongoing along with the problems they cause.

There should be no need for your to do anything with the GPFR, it will have been issued by ATOS and will be returned in your file to the DWP.

Yes, you can send this as evidence in regard to your DLA appeal, the potential issue will be whether the Appeal panel accept it as being in reference to your condition as it was at the time of the Decision you appealed, this will to a considerable extent, depend on the wording used by your GP, they may reject it, but you have nothing to lose by including it.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: teabag

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.