× Members

THE ONLY MEDICAL EVIDENCE ACCEPTIBLE IS ATOS

More
10 years 5 months ago #113942 by Gordon

mrjohnno wrote: I understand that, but filling in any form in the belief it will not go to appeal is in my view naive. In the long past it was perhaps of benefit because the DWP would not back pay more than three months but now they do. I get lump sums now rather than regular payments which is not an issue for me but may be for some.

Only about 12% of ESA Decision result in an appeal, whilst it might seem it so, the majority of ESA Decisions are actually correct as evidenced by the number of B&W members who awarded WRAG or Support Group on the first go.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #113944 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic THE ONLY MEDICAL EVIDENCE ACCEPTIBLE IS ATOS
The above statistic is somewhat misleading as not everyone with a wrong decision will appeal and more than 12% are successful at appeal, I believe. However Gordon is right, the better you fill in the form the more likely your are to get a correct decision which, as I understand it, is the purpose of the site!

• mrjohnno
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #113946 by mrjohnno
Replied by mrjohnno on topic THE ONLY MEDICAL EVIDENCE ACCEPTIBLE IS ATOS

Gordon wrote:
Only about 12% of ESA Decision result in an appeal
Gordon

Dame someone or other brought this up a year or so back. The fact many do not appeal is a negative because many many would have won the appeal.
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by Gordon.

• mrjohnno
10 years 5 months ago #113947 by mrjohnno
Replied by mrjohnno on topic THE ONLY MEDICAL EVIDENCE ACCEPTIBLE IS ATOS
I also heard a number of times that 30-40% of appeals are successful.

More
10 years 5 months ago #113948 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic THE ONLY MEDICAL EVIDENCE ACCEPTIBLE IS ATOS
I do not know the exact percentage, I suspect Gordon may, but I agree more people should appeal if they have a case.

More
10 years 5 months ago #113949 by Gordon

mrjohnno wrote: Dame someone or other brought this up a year or so back. The fact many do not appeal is a negative because many many would have won the appeal.

Of course a lot of claimants do not appeal, but even if you double the number you are still only looking at about 25% of claims, also you need to remember that only about 5% of ESA Decisions are overturned at appeal.

I am in no way suggesting that these percentages are reasonable or that the ESA Descriptors are reasonable representation of a working environment, but the simple fact is that the majority of assessments are done professionally and result in the correct award being made.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.