× Members

ESA will stop in November

More
4 weeks 2 days ago #289578 by Lynz
ESA will stop in November was created by Lynz
Hi

We are currently in receipt of PIP enhanced and ESA & HB we also receive other benefits for SDA and something else can't remember the name my question is my husband will get his pension as he's entitled to it this year so i've been told ESA will stop and I will have to make a vlaim for UC but won't get all the additions we do now is this correct are you able to say what we will likely get im 64 my husband will be 66 we live in a rented home have no private pensions and no savings this is very worrying

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 weeks 2 days ago #289595 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic ESA will stop in November
Hi Lynz

You have a lot going on and we do not have all the relevant information, you do need to seek advice from your local Welfare Rights Organisation; advicelocal.uk where they can take all your information into account when giving you advice.

I will try and give you some general pointers.

1) I take it that you are receiving IR ESA, this will stop a day before your husband reaches state pension age.

2) 3 months before your husband birthday, he should receive a letter from the Pension Service asking him to apply for his state pension, it will have a code and a pin number, your husband may be asked for his Gateway number, once this is done he will receive his state pension one month after his birthday.

3) Depending on whose name is first on the HB claim, you may have to claim UC to get help with housing costs..

4) You may need to apply for UC before your husband reaches state pension, when you apply for UC your HB claim will stop. Who claims the ESA? are they in the support group, if they are then you should get a LCWRA element with your UC claim. UC will now pay your housing element.

Seek advice before your husband reaches state pension age.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 weeks 2 days ago #289599 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA will stop in November
L

Just to clarify, if you want your husband's Support Group status to be transferred to UC LCWRA without reassessment then you must make a claim for UC before his ESA stops.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 weeks 2 days ago #289602 by Lynz
Replied by Lynz on topic ESA will stop in November
Hi Gary thank you for your quick reply, yes my husbands name is the lead on our ESA claim so i think i've understood you correctly in saying my husband will start his date person and our ESA will stop, so I will need to make a new claim for UC the additions we get with our ESA (SDA etc & ) we will still get once a make a new claim for UC and I will also need to make a new claim for HB.

Again thank you so much for your help this is all SO confusing .

More
4 weeks 1 day ago #289623 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA will stop in November
L

If you claim UC before the ESA ends then his SG status will be transferred but you will not receive any of the Premiums he might be receiving as the ESA claim is his, you are just part of his household and therefore have no entitlement under UC.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.