× Members

Fraud

More
10 years 3 months ago #115876 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Fraud

chrissy v wrote: Hi Bro 58,
Is it possible that I have got this UC Interview because I haven't told DLA that I got a fit for work decision as I have appealed the decision and I'm waiting for a tribunal, I have been racking my brain as to what it could be about , and I suddenly realised that I failed to inform DLA, is it classed as a change of circumstance ?

CV

Whilst DLA can affect a claimants ESA payments, the reverse is not the case, so there is no specific requirement for a claimant to notify the DLA unit of a failed ESA claim.

I am assuming that they have not phoned you back yet, it might be worth chasing them for the reason for the interview.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 months ago #115877 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Fraud
I agree with Gordon, I really don't believe that the UC will have anything to do with your ESA decision.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• bro58
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #115878 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Fraud
Yes cv,

DLA is an "In work" allowance, you can work whilst in receipt of it.

ESA is an "out of work" allowance. (Except for : Permitted Work )

Being found fit for work under The ESA WCA does not preclude you from being entitled to/receiving DLA.

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by bro58.

More
10 years 3 months ago #115879 by chrissy v
Replied by chrissy v on topic Fraud
Hi Gordon,

I did speak to the lady who sent the letter and all she would tell me is that it was a potential benefit fraud interview which is next Tuesday 21st, I have no idea what I have or hav'nt done CAB are so busy I cannot get an appointment till after the Under Caution Interview. I just thought that I failed to tell DLA about my fit for work decision could be classed as a COC .

CV

• bro58
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #115881 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Fraud

chrissy v wrote: Hi Gordon,

I did speak to the lady who sent the letter and all she would tell me is that it was a potential benefit fraud interview which is next Tuesday 21st, I have no idea what I have or hav'nt done CAB are so busy I cannot get an appointment till after the Under Caution Interview. I just thought that I failed to tell DLA about my fit for work decision could be classed as a COC .

CV

Hi cv,

It does not have to be CAB, you can try contacting any of the solictors in your area.

You are entitled to have a legal rep present at an IUC, and may well be entitled to this free of charge.

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by bro58.

More
10 years 3 months ago #116126 by chrissy v
Replied by chrissy v on topic Fraud
Hi Bro I have not been able to get legal representation tomorrow at 1pm I will find out what its all about I still can't think of anything. My next door neighbour is coming with me for support, he is a former Police officer even though he is quite elderly is it a good idea or not that he knows about UC Interveiws, wish me luck I am going to need it.

CV

Moderators: bro58GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.