× Members

Phone Call

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116581 by ellen1st
Phone Call was created by ellen1st
Hi hope you can help me
Does anybody know if I should get a phone call from DWP saying I am about to be reassessed.
Or will I just get an ESA50 to fill in again
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 3 months ago #116584 by
Replied by on topic Phone Call

ellenthegood wrote: Hi hope you can help me
Does anybody know if I should get a phone call from DWP saying I am about to be reassessed.
Or will I just get an ESA50 to fill in again

Hi etg,

From your previous posts it seems that you are already in receipt of CB ESA.

The phone call is only applicable when a claimant is being transferred over to ESA from IB, IS or SDA.

Therefore, when it is time to be reassessed you will just receive the new ESA50 through the post.

As a guide, if you know the recommended period before reassessment (The Prognosis) of your current ESA award, you should expect to receive a new ESA50 around 2 months before the end of that period.

In saying that, ATOS have been suffering a back log with assessments/reassessment, and we are aware of several members who have gone over the prognosis period without yet receiving a new ESA50.

bro58

10 years 3 months ago #116586 by
Hi etg,

Just to add, you will continue to receive your current rate of ESA until after you have filled in the new ESA50, ATOS have reassessed you, and the DWP DM has made a fresh decision.

This will be the case even if you go over the prognosis period of your current ESA award.

bro58

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116588 by ellen1st
Replied by ellen1st on topic Phone Call
Thank you for making that clear.
I do not know the date of my next assessment as I found this site late and did not know to ask. Is there a way to find out now or should I try to forget it and not worry?

10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116590 by

ellenthegood wrote: Thank you for making that clear.
I do not know the date of my next assessment as I found this site late and did not know to ask. Is there a way to find out now or should I try to forget it and not worry?

Hi etg,

It should not be too late.

You could ring the DWP 0845 number on any ESA letters that you have.

The DWP Call Responder should be able to see the prognosis of your current ESA award on their computer screen, after asking a few security questions.

Failing that, you can make a written request to The DWP for the ESA85 Medical Report if you had a face to face, or The ESA85A if you didn't :

ESA medical – what forms to ask for?

See also : How often will I be reviewed

I am aware that you are in receipt of CB ESA, but not whether you are in The WRAG or The SG, are you aware of this ? :

12 Month Limit for ESA(CB)

This time around, you may find it easier :

Using The PDF Version Of The ESA50 Questionnaire

Whilst referring to the guides under the heading of "ESA Claims and Appeals - Current forms"

On this page :

ESA Claims Guides

See also :

How long do I have to complete the ESA50?

ESA50 too big for the envelope

&

Sending Documents to the DWP or ATOS

You could even start filling it in now to ease the 4 week deadline time constraints when you actually receive the paper one through the post.

bro58

More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116592 by ellen1st
Replied by ellen1st on topic Phone Call
Thanks Bro. I am in support group but have been there for nearly 2 years now. Time is going by so I do not know what would be best now.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.