× Members

Phone Call

• bro58
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116594 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Phone Call

ellenthegood wrote: Thanks Bro. I am in support group but have been there for nearly 2 years now. Time is going by so I do not know what would be best now.

Hi etg,

If you are in The SG, you don't have to worry about the 365 days entitlement rule for CB ESA.

You will continue to receive your CB ESA for as long as you stay in The SG.

Further, if you were placed into The WRAG at some future reassessment, you would still have your full 365 days entitlement to CB ESA in The WRAG.

You could of course appeal any adverse WRAG award if you wished.

The maximum prognosis in The SG is 3 years, so if you had a 3 year prognosis, you would be expecting to receive your new ESA50 in around 10 months.

It is up to you if you are prepared to wait and see, as it is up to The DWP/ATOS to instigate your next reassessment, the ball is in their court.

Phoning up for the prognosis should not instigate a reassessment, as assessment/reassessments are instigated by The DWP ESA WCA Team who refer you to ATOS, who then send out the ESA50.

You would only be talking to a Call Responder in a DWP Call Centre.

As previously stated, you will continue to receive your ESA until a fresh decision is made

The choice is yours, of course. :)

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mickeytum
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116616 by mickeytum
Replied by mickeytum on topic Phone Call
08000232635 just tried to phone me.. I didn't answer as i thought it was someone trying to sell me something.. Having just found out it was the DWP , ( i have just had my atos medical ) should i phone them back or wait for them to ring me..

• bro58
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116617 by bro58

mickeytum wrote: 08000232635 just tried to phone me.. I didn't answer as i thought it was someone trying to sell me something.. Having just found out it was the DWP , ( i have just had my atos medical ) should i phone them back or wait for them to ring me..

Hi mt,

It is up to you,

However, the phone call may be because the DWP DM has made a decision on your ESA, or is about to make a decision, and wants to see whether you have any further oral evidence.

Therefore, it may be to your advantage, if The DM is thinking of making a fit for work decision, but has not yet done so.

bro58

• mickeytum
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116624 by mickeytum
I decided to ring them back , i got an automated message saying it was th DWP but i was unavailable to be contacted and if they needed to contact me they would...
I am on incapacity benefit and have been since the year 2000.. Will i still have to keep having these medical assessment every few years..?..

• bro58
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #116626 by bro58

mickeytum wrote: I decided to ring them back , i got an automated message saying it was th DWP but i was unavailable to be contacted and if they needed to contact me they would...
I am on incapacity benefit and have been since the year 2000.. Will i still have to keep having these medical assessment every few years..?..

Hi mt,

As things stand with ESA, if you are successfully transferred over from IB, you will have to undergo regular assessments/reassessments until you reach State Pension Age.

The longest possible period between reassessments (the prognosis) is 3 years, see :

How often will I be reviewed

From our : ESA FAQ’s

There is also guidance on being transferred over to ESA at the top of this page : ESA Claims Guides.

You will probably find the following helpful as well :

IB, IS, SDA, Migration to ESA FAQ’s

The DWP may well try to ring you again, either way, you should receive the decision in writing in the form of a letter.

Please update us when you can.

bro58

• mickeytum
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #116999 by mickeytum
Had my results back on the 3rd of Feb.... I failed the atos test....
I am shocked and feel lost....
I worked for 25 years for the same company until the year 2000 , when I was pensioned off because of rheumatoid ,psoriatic arthritis..
Are atos saying all the people who originally diagnosed me then and since are lying..
I want to appeal but I honestly don't know how to go about it.. Reading the other posts ,and not being any good with technology, I don't know if I can do it...
If some one could give me advice in as simple as possible language as they can and in what order, it would help massively... Many thanks in advance..
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.