× Members

Phone Call

• mickeytum
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #117261 by mickeytum
Replied by mickeytum on topic Phone Call
Thanks again..
If I may could I put forward a hypothetical scenario ( one of many going around my head )..
Someone with less than £6000 in savings, or no savings, no paid income , a company pension of less than £400 a month , could they claim carers allowance for some one and claim income support too..
Trying to read all the pages of which benefit which people may claim , which benefit they can only claim if they don't have this , that or the other, depending on what they have or don't have is very very confusing and I take my hat off to all the good folk on here who somehow manage to decipher all this..xx
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago #117265 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Phone Call

mickeytum wrote: Thanks again..
If I may could I put forward a hypothetical scenario ( one of many going around my head )..
Someone with less than £6000 in savings, or no savings, no paid income , a company pension of less than £400 a month , could they claim carers allowance for some one and claim income support too..
Trying to read all the pages of which benefit which people may claim , which benefit they can only claim if they don't have this , that or the other, depending on what they have or don't have is very very confusing and I take my hat off to all the good folk on here who somehow manage to decipher all this..xx

The simplest thing to do is to use one of the online benefit calculators, Turn2Us.org has a good reputation.

In you scenario I would expect the following

- the savings should not affect any benefits.
- the Carers Allowance will be treated as income and deducted £ for £
- a Carers Premium should be payable
- The Pension will be treated as income and deducted £ for £

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: mickeytum

• bro58
10 years 2 months ago #117266 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Phone Call
Hi mt,

With respect to Gordon's suggestion, there are two online benefit calculators below :

Benefits Calculator

&

Benefits Calculator

They are no substitute for good face to face advice though :

Where to get advice

bro58

• mickeytum
10 years 2 months ago #117269 by mickeytum
Thank you again for all your help, I know it must be a pain sometimes for you to keep repeating things over and over ,every time someone new joins the site.. All I can say is thank you...xx

• bro58
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #117270 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Phone Call
Hi mt,

Having checked back through your posts, I have noticed that Housing Benefit (HB) has not been mentioned.

If you are in receipt of this as you live in rented accommodation, you should inform the HB Department of your LA/Council.

You cannot rely on The DWP doing this, and failing to do so can result in an overpayment.

If you are not in receipt of HB, please disregard this post.

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by bro58.

• mickeytum
10 years 2 months ago #117315 by mickeytum
I live in my own home,I bought it off of the council in the eighties,..No mortgage now, thankfully as I think I would have to sell up ..
I am going to try and live on my dwindling by the day savings and not claim Job seekers..xx

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.