× Members

WCA assessments

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #117572 by Porridge
WCA assessments was created by Porridge
Given the news you've just posted about ESA assessments being suspended, does that mean all of us awaiting reassesment outcomes for months might not hear for several more months?

Confused now! :(

“There isn’t anyone who doesn’t appreciate kindness and compassion.” – Dalai Lama
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Puccalove.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #117579 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic WCA assessments
I have just read the news I think you are referring to. I think this is in reference to new reassessments not pending ones. I do not think it means they are going to stop the reassessment process half way through. I would read this article as good news for anyone expecting a reassessment soon. It means that you may not be reassessed as soon as you thought. I think this is good as most people find reassessments stressful and it is one way of reducing/denying your entitlement. It also notes in the article that anyone reporting a worsening in their condition should still be reassessed. So I do not see any negatives here. Hopefully we will see the back of Atos soon!
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Puccalove.

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #117581 by Puccalove
Replied by Puccalove on topic WCA assessments
For those of you who maybe confused reading this topic we are referring to the article in the news section of the website entitled;

"All repeat WCA medicals to be stopped"
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by . Reason: Edited to live link.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta, pollenpath

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #117585 by DaPa
Replied by DaPa on topic WCA assessments
This is an extract from the article

“Controlling the volume of repeat Work Capability Assessments should help us to reduce delays for new claimants and those that have already been referred.”

Does this mean people who have already returned their ESA50 or are waiting to return it by their deadline?
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 2 months ago #117591 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic WCA assessments
WD

Given that all we have to go on is the text published in the News item and that this is not the full text of the FOI response, it is possible that there are nuances to this that we are not aware of, but as far as I can see this relates to the initiation of an ESA re-assessment process and does not apply to any re-assessment that is already in progress.

So to specifically answer your question, neither! Both are in relation to a re-assessment process that has already begun.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #117594 by DaPa
Replied by DaPa on topic WCA assessments

Gordon wrote: WD

Given that all we have to go on is the text published in the News item and that this is not the full text of the FOI response, it is possible that there are nuances to this that we are not aware of, but as far as I can see this relates to the initiation of an ESA re-assessment process and does not apply to any re-assessment that is already in progress.

So to specifically answer your question, neither! Both are in relation to a re-assessment process that has already begun.

Gordon

I had to return my ESA50 by December 5th 2013, I am waiting to hear the outcome.

I am guessing the process will carry as normal for claimants in this situation.

WD
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by .

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.