× Members

WCA assessments

• bro58
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #117601 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic WCA assessments

WeDesign wrote:

Gordon wrote: WD

Given that all we have to go on is the text published in the News item and that this is not the full text of the FOI response, it is possible that there are nuances to this that we are not aware of, but as far as I can see this relates to the initiation of an ESA re-assessment process and does not apply to any re-assessment that is already in progress.

So to specifically answer your question, neither! Both are in relation to a re-assessment process that has already begun.

Gordon

I had to return my ESA50 by December 5th 2013, I am waiting to hear the outcome.

I am guessing the process will carry as normal for claimants in this situation.

WD

Hi WD,

Yes, it seems that new ESA claimants, claimants who are yet to be migrated over to ESA from IB, IS and SDA, and claimants that have already been referred to ATOS and/or have started the assessment/reassessment process will continue to undergo The ESA WCA.

The beneficiaries will be current ESA recipients who have not yet been re-referred to ATOS and/or have not started The ESA WCA (re-assessment) process.

bro58
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #117607 by Noodles
Replied by Noodles on topic WCA assessments
Hi B&W W

How would/could this effect my husbands waiting time/ position who's re assessment ESA 50 form was sent in on January 20 th ?

Confused ?
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 2 months ago #117610 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic WCA assessments
There seems to be some confusion over this subject :(

To try and explain what we believe is happening

Already being re-assessed
- you have already received an ESA50
- you have returned the ESA50 but have not yet had an assessment

Nothing will change, although it is likely that there will be delays in your claim being progressed to the next stage e.g. assessment or decision.

Expecting a re-assessment to start
- less than two months before you expected re-assessment date
- no ESA50 issued.

You will not be re-assessed on the date you expected, but will at some time in the future, this is unlikely to be in the short term but may well be in the mid term.

Payment of your current ESA award continues, subject to other restrictions e.g. time limit on ESA(CB) payments for claimants not in the Support Group.

New claim for ESA
No change although you should expect delays in arranging a face to face assessment.

Being transferred from another benefit to ESA
No change although you should expect delays in arranging a face to face assessment.

I hope this explains it better.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jim Allison BSc, Inst LE, MBIM; MA (Consumer Protection & Social Welfare Law), DaPa

• AaronL
10 years 2 months ago #117615 by AaronL
Replied by AaronL on topic WCA assessments
Who would have thought having to reassess claimants every year or more often would eventually give ATOS and the DWP too much work to do?

• bro58
10 years 2 months ago #117618 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic WCA assessments

AaronL wrote: Who would have thought having to reassess claimants every year or more often would eventually give ATOS and the DWP too much work to do?

Yes AL,

What a surprise !!!!! :laugh: :evil:

It's more like that it is no longer profitable, now that they have to carry them out to some kind of "reasonable" standard.

Good scapegoat for IDS coming up to a General Election, as well !!! :angry:

bro58

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #117703 by citymike
Replied by citymike on topic WCA assessments
I was placed in the support group in Oct 12 for 12 months, thus due for renewal in Oct 13.
To date I have not heard anything about being retested, so I wonder if I will have been referred to Atos last year and will still have to be retested or whether I will come under the new decision not to retest until further notice.
CM
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.