× Members

WCA assessments

More
10 years 2 months ago #117705 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic WCA assessments

citymike wrote: I was placed in the support group in Oct 12 for 12 months, thus due for renewal in Oct 13.
To date I have not heard anything about being retested, so I wonder if I will have been referred to Atos last year and will still have to be retested or whether I will come under the new decision not to retest until further notice.
CM

ATOS have never had a problem sending out the ESA50s, it has been the subsequent assessment that has been the cause of all the problems and which is at the root of the leaked memo, so if you have not received an ESA50 then it is likely that your re-assessment has been delayed.

We have no idea as to how long the delay will be although a new report today is suggesting two years, I think it reasonable to assume that it will be at least six months.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #117709 by citymike
Replied by citymike on topic WCA assessments
Thanks Gordon
I think it would be a good thing if the DWP wrote to claimants concerned. It is so stressful just waiting to hear if and when you are going to be reassessed.
CM
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 2 months ago #117711 by Gordon

citymike wrote: Thanks Gordon
I think it would be a good thing if the DWP wrote to claimants concerned. It is so stressful just waiting to hear if and when you are going to be reassessed.
CM

At the moment they haven't even told the House of Commons, so I doubt that claimants are high on the list. :(

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #117724 by summertrain
Replied by summertrain on topic WCA assessments
Does this mean that if you are due to be reassessed, that you won't get an ESA50 at all, or that they'll send you one regardless, but not retest you at this stage?

More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #117726 by motorhead
Replied by motorhead on topic WCA assessments
Does anyone know if this will be the case in N.Ireland.Have been in support group since Dec2012 and due reassessment Aug2014.Do you think this will be delayed.

More
10 years 2 months ago #117731 by Gordon

summertrain wrote: Does this mean that if you are due to be reassessed, that you won't get an ESA50 at all, or that they'll send you one regardless, but not retest you at this stage?

If an ESA50 is issued then the process will carry forward to a new Decision being made as before, with a face to face assessment if required.

If an ESA50 has not yet been issued then we not are expecting it to be in the short term, although it will be at some time, this may be six month, it is unlikely to be less than this and it could be two years, based on further information released today.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: summertrain

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.