× Members

Hearing Date Arrived

More
10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #119733 by Steve Blue
Replied by Steve Blue on topic Hearing Date Arrived
I have concerns that my dad will not want to go through with the tribunal, to the point where he may not turn up.

When I first spoken to the tribunal service and managed to get his case reopened I explained that because of the pain he can be in that he can become very irritable quickly - this mixed with anxiety are not a very good concoction. I asked at the time whether my would be able to just stay for 5 minutes or so, asked any questions etc, and them he leave... leaving me to answer any further questions.

The response was that, yes, this would be fine.

This was over a year ago though. Would you happen to know if there have been instances whereby a representative has attended alone?

I'm just checking in case we need to contact the courts in advance (now only 3 weeks or so away).
Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #119739 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Hearing Date Arrived
BB

It is possible for a haring to be heard in the absence of the claimant, but it is unusual and is not something to spring on the panel on the day of the hearing. So, I would recommend that you write to the Tribunal office dealing with your father's case, explain the situation and ask for their advice on how to approach the situation, if there is a risk that your father may have difficulty controlling his actions during the hearing, then I would certainly emphasise this.

At the very least you will know where you stand going into the hearing and if you have problems on the day, you can produce the TS response as justification.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Steve Blue

More
10 years 4 weeks ago #119844 by Steve Blue
Sorry... TS?

• bro58
10 years 4 weeks ago #119846 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Hearing Date Arrived

Bluebear wrote: Sorry... TS?

Hi Bb,

TS = Tribunal Service.

bro58

More
10 years 2 weeks ago - 10 years 2 weeks ago #120316 by Steve Blue
My dad's tribunal has finally arrived... tomorrow :S

I emailed HMCourts about a week ago regarding my dad's reluctance to attend his hearing due to anxiety/asking advise, but received no reply. But only 6 and a little days notice were given - there was likely not enough time to reply. I called HMCourts today. I spoke to a nice lady who advised that they'd received my email, and that as I was listed as my dad's representative I could attend alone if my dad was unable to and answer any questions to the best of my ability on his behalf.

Would you happen to have any last minute words of wisdom or advice?

Even though I'm only a representative I'm feeling quite anxious myself :sick:
Last edit: 10 years 2 weeks ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 2 weeks ago #120318 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Hearing Date Arrived
Good luck Bb, please let us know how you get on.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Steve Blue

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.