× Members

Hearing Date Arrived

More
9 years 10 months ago #122144 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Hearing Date Arrived

Bluebear wrote: I think it's been just over 6 weeks now since my dad won his tribunal, but still no word from the DWP. It advises above that it could potentially take 6-8 weeks. There's not a great urgency, so we'll wait a couple more weeks or so.

Thanks for keeping us up to date :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #122746 by Steve Blue
Replied by Steve Blue on topic Hearing Date Arrived
My dad's appeal date was held on the 25/04/14. A week or so later, although we received word from the courts themselves confirming my dad's entitlement ESA with support component, and that the decision made by the DWP 28/06/12 was set aside... we have still heard nothing from the DWP, no acknowledgement of my dad's 'win'.

Is it unusual to wait this long?
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by slugsta.

More
9 years 10 months ago #122749 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Hearing Date Arrived
We often hear of claimants waiting 8 weeks or so for paymnet but your father's case does seem to be taking even longer than that. It would be worth phoning DWP to find out what is happening. If they have not yet heard from the Tribunal service, for some reason, then you should send a copy of the letter your father received.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.