× Members

Hearing Date Arrived

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #120319 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Hearing Date Arrived
BB

My only advice would be to not rush to reply to a question, take a second to make sure you understand what they are asking before giving your answer, the panel are not setting out to trick the claimant but they are used to making assumptions based on their answers.

Best of luck.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Steve Blue

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 weeks ago - 10 years 3 weeks ago #120419 by Steve Blue
Replied by Steve Blue on topic Hearing Date Arrived
Hi all -

Sorry for the delay. Again, we did it! A big thank you for all your help and advice. The last time I messaged I was asking advice on whether you had any final tips or advice for my dad's hearing on Friday.

We received a call the morning of the hearing. A clerk from the tribunal service called to advise that we need not attend. He advised that the a judge/doctor had looked at the evidence without us and had decided in our favour. He said we'd receive confirmation this week in the post.

Many thanks, all. We'd have unlikely done it without you ;)
Last edit: 10 years 3 weeks ago by Gordon.

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #120424 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Hearing Date Arrived
BB

I am really glad to hear you got a result, especially without either of you having to attend.

It normally takes the DWP about 6-8 weeks for them to sort out the payments following an appeal, you can shorten this (slightly) by faxing them a copy of the Decision Notice once you have it, give the DWP a call for the number to use.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #120428 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Hearing Date Arrived
That's great news Bb! Thanks for letting us know and for your kind words about B+W :)

• bro58
10 years 3 weeks ago #120434 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Hearing Date Arrived
That is great news Bb,

Well done !!! :)

bro58

More
9 years 11 months ago #122139 by Steve Blue
Replied by Steve Blue on topic Hearing Date Arrived
I think it's been just over 6 weeks now since my dad won his tribunal, but still no word from the DWP. It advises above that it could potentially take 6-8 weeks. There's not a great urgency, so we'll wait a couple more weeks or so.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris