× Members

Assessment nearing ESA :(

• Mathew
  • Topic Author
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #121395 by Mathew
Assessment nearing ESA :( was created by Mathew
Been recently contacting my GP surgery to try attain more evidence for my assessment which is due on Friday a home visit, I'm worrying more and more as they request money for parts of my medical records. I have already sent ATOS a medical report from my MH doctor at the hospital and I keep thinking to myself that it's not enough... Also I only take 2 meds for my condition but I have found others take 4+ which I keep thinking is going to go against me also :(
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #121404 by
Replied by on topic Assessment nearing ESA :(

Mathew wrote: Been recently contacting my GP surgery to try attain more evidence for my assessment which is due on Friday a home visit, I'm worrying more and more as they request money for parts of my medical records. I have already sent ATOS a medical report from my MH doctor at the hospital and I keep thinking to myself that it's not enough... Also I only take 2 meds for my condition but I have found others take 4+ which I keep thinking is going to go against me also :(

Hi M,

Try not to worry !!

You can only provide supporting evidence that you have access to.

It may be advisable to have copies of the evidence to hand on the day, in case the assessing HCP has not seen them.

If that were the case, you could hand over the copies before the assessment begins.

You are allowed to have someone present for moral support, and they can take notes.

Even though the LiMA software used to carry out an ESA F2F Assessment at an Assessment Centre is not used in a Home Assessment, it should follow a similar format, so it may help if you review :

ESA Medical – What to expect

Good luck, and please keep us updated. :)

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by .

• Mathew
  • Topic Author
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #121407 by Mathew
Replied by Mathew on topic Assessment nearing ESA :(
All I have really is the copy of the report done at the hospital but I have already sent this off to ATOS is there a chance it's not been looked at? Also due to have no concentration and very poor memory I forget some of the thing I put on my ESA50
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by slugsta.

More
9 years 11 months ago #121410 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Assessment nearing ESA :(
You can have a copy of the hospital report handy on the day and you can have a read through your copy of the ESA form to refresh your memory beforehand.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Mathew
  • Topic Author
9 years 11 months ago #121445 by Mathew
I haven't got a copy of my ESA50 :( but I have photocopied acouple of letters and the doctors report also, not long now I guess

• Mathew
  • Topic Author
9 years 11 months ago #121499 by Mathew
Just had my home assessment all questions were to do with my condition, the doctor a female was only here for around 10 minutes and said multiple times "I can see how hard this is for you" and just before the end said "I'm going to stop it there, think I have enough information and I will be my best for you as I can see you are not coping at all" I did have some evidence which I had already sent to ATOS and apparently she had not even seen it. And before she left didn't take it with her :( Apparently the report will be made up straight away and sent off next week

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.