× Members

Assessment nearing ESA :(

More
9 years 11 months ago #121558 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Assessment nearing ESA :(

Mathew wrote: Good news I hope Gordan, I've just rang the benefit office and they looked at some information that the doctor who did my assessment has put and she has recommended that I should be placed into the "Support Group" even though the DWP might not agree, the call agent said it's highly unlikely

The DWP DM usually accept the ATOS recommendation so let's hope that this is the case for you.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mathew
  • Topic Author
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #121691 by Mathew
Replied by Mathew on topic Assessment nearing ESA :(
If anyone can help, if the decision is to put me into the Support Group how is back pay sorted out? My claim started in December 2014, and I'm still on the assessment rate and had my medical on the 23rd May 2014
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by Gordon.

More
9 years 11 months ago #121694 by Gordon

Mathew wrote: If anyone can help, if the decision is to put me into the Support Group how is back pay sorted out? My claim started in December 2014, and I'm still on the assessment rate and had my medical on the 23rd May 2014

From your previous posts, this was a new claim for ESA (not a transfer), this being the case back payments will be due from the beginning of week 14 of your claim. It usually takes an additional 2-3 weeks for the DWP to make any payment and for a claimant to receive updated fortnightly payments, once you have received the Decision Notice.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Mathew
  • Topic Author
9 years 11 months ago #121748 by Mathew
Can i trust what the lady on the phone at the Atos office said? Does the HCP put any information on the system before sending off the file to the DWP? Its driving me insane that the lady on the phone said "You've been put in the support group by the HCP that saw you at home" but I thought you can't find out any information until the DWP's decision

More
9 years 11 months ago #121751 by Gordon

Mathew wrote: Can i trust what the lady on the phone at the Atos office said? Does the HCP put any information on the system before sending off the file to the DWP? Its driving me insane that the lady on the phone said "You've been put in the support group by the HCP that saw you at home" but I thought you can't find out any information until the DWP's decision

I am afraid that there is little that I can say to help quiet your anxiety about what the result of you assessment is. :(

It has been common in recent months for ATOS to reveal details of the assessors recommendation to the claimant over the phone, I have no reason to doubt the information provided.

However, it is only a recommendation, so as frustrating as it is, you need to wait for the DWP to notify you formally of their Decision.

Gordon

• Mathew
  • Topic Author
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #122025 by Mathew
Just rang the ESA helpline to see if there is any update at all as I cant stand just waiting for a phone call and to there knowledge they haven't even received the file from ATOS even though my assessment was 2 1/2 weeks ago. The DWP call agent just said that there wasn't any update at all is this usual?
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.