× Members

Assessment nearing ESA :(

• Mathew
  • Topic Author
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #122536 by Mathew
Replied by Mathew on topic Assessment nearing ESA :(
Would resigning due to health issues affect my ESA at all? I'm constantly worrying about it, I hate the place I worked I suppose everyone does, but the fact it added to my condition doesn't make me ever want to return there. I want a stress free life and just to concentrate on getting better and coming out the other side a better healthy person
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #122539 by
Replied by on topic Assessment nearing ESA :(

"Would resigning due to health issues affect my ESA at all? I'm constantly worrying about it, I hate the place I worked I suppose everyone does, but the fact it added to my condition doesn't make me ever want to return there. I want a stress free life and just to concentrate on getting better and coming out the other side a better healthy person"

Hi M,

I am afraid that I could not possibly advise on whether to "resign" or not.

I would certainly not do so before you have taken advice from The CAB or the like, or even better your Trades Union if you are a member.

Do not rush into making a decision before you have explored all the options, at least you can then make an informed decision.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by .

• Mathew
  • Topic Author
9 years 10 months ago #122550 by Mathew
Thank-you for replying bro58, one thing that I can't keep thinking about is that I have no written confirmation of how long my award is for and when I should be reassessed. I did get told verbally over the phone and on the medical record it does say the medium term, but still thats nothing in pure writing to make me stop worrying. Can they really reassess me within 3 months if the medium term is stated on the medical report sheet by the HCP(ESA85A)?

More
9 years 10 months ago #122553 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Assessment nearing ESA :(

Mathew wrote: Thank-you for replying bro58, one thing that I can't keep thinking about is that I have no written confirmation of how long my award is for and when I should be reassessed. I did get told verbally over the phone and on the medical record it does say the medium term, but still thats nothing in pure writing to make me stop worrying. Can they really reassess me within 3 months if the medium term is stated on the medical report sheet by the HCP(ESA85A)?

I am afraid we cannot give you the surety that you are looking for. ESA is not awarded for a particular period and the re-assessment date does not form part of the Decision so the DWP are entitled to re-assess a claimant at any time after three months have elapsed since the previous Decision.

In reality they stick to the re-assessment date set by the previous process, also, there are extraordinary delays in the ESA process at the moment with more than 700,000 outstanding re-assessments, as a result the DWP have suspended re-assessments for the foreseeable future, so I think there is little chance of them re-assessing you any earlier than currently intended and it may be even later, as the actions taken so far are only just reducing the number outstanding.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Mathew
  • Topic Author
9 years 10 months ago #122554 by Mathew
Can i request anything in writing from them though stating how long the award is for and advised reassessment date just for piece of mind?

More
9 years 10 months ago #122556 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Assessment nearing ESA :(

Mathew wrote: Can i request anything in writing from them though stating how long the award is for and advised reassessment date just for piece of mind?

You could try requesting the information in writing, some areas issue an ESA72 and one of the items on this document is the re-assessment date, but at the risk of repeating myself, it does not define the length of the award and you would have no redress against the DWP is they assessed you earlier.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.