× Members

Assessment nearing ESA :(

• Mathew
  • Topic Author
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #122342 by Mathew
Replied by Mathew on topic Assessment nearing ESA :(
I'm so happy and relieved thankyou so much to this forum and website. Contacted the DWP early this morning to see if any updates had been made and to my suprise a decision had been made on the Wednesday just past. Support group to be reviewed in 18 months with backpay and enhanced premium.

I can't thank you all enough from the bottom of my heart. I'm currently in the process of claiming PIP also, can i use this decision to help?
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 10 months ago #122345 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Assessment nearing ESA :(

Mathew wrote: I'm so happy and relieved thankyou so much to this forum and website. Contacted the DWP early this morning to see if any updates had been made and to my suprise a decision had been made on the Wednesday just past. Support group to be reviewed in 18 months with backpay and enhanced premium.

I can't thank you all enough from the bottom of my heart. I'm currently in the process of claiming PIP also, can i use this decision to help?

Congratulations on the award.

You can use the ESA Decision as evidence of disability and in particular, if you scored points for the Mobilising Descriptor this will be helpful in regard the PIP Walking test, however, you should be aware that the DWP have decided that they will not use ESA medical reports in regard to PIP, so you should not rely on it being given significant weight in any Decision on your PIP claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Mathew
  • Topic Author
9 years 10 months ago #122349 by Mathew
I dont know if you can advise me Gordon, but I do currently have an employer even though I have not worked for 1 year or so. The DWP have said a review will take place in 18 months time. As I do not need med certs anymore is it in my best interest to resign from my job and concentrate on the Support group and getting better?

Also meds cert would be hassle for my doctor I'm thinking when he knows I'm in a group

More
9 years 10 months ago - 9 years 10 months ago #122354 by Gordon

Mathew wrote: I dont know if you can advise me Gordon, but I do currently have an employer even though I have not worked for 1 year or so. The DWP have said a review will take place in 18 months time. As I do not need med certs anymore is it in my best interest to resign from my job and concentrate on the Support group and getting better?

Also meds cert would be hassle for my doctor I'm thinking when he knows I'm in a group

There is no requirement for you to resign because of your ESA award, I would strongly recommend that you get advice before going ahead with any such decision, as it may not be to your advantage to do so.

You will have to ask your employer whether they will still require Fit Notes while you are in the SG, by definition you now gave Limited Capability for Work, which is what the Fit Note attests to, if they do, then your GP can issue an indefinite Note or one for 18 months.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by Gordon.

• Mathew
  • Topic Author
9 years 10 months ago #122366 by Mathew
Received a form today ESA85A I thought it would list the descriptors which I met etc but it's just a couple of tick boxes which the doctor ticked "In my opinion, the client falls in to the support group category of then she explains I'm unable to complete 2 personal actions. Then on the second page the HCP just writes that a review should be carried out in the medium term?

Whats that mean :/

More
9 years 10 months ago #122377 by Gordon

Mathew wrote: Received a form today ESA85A I thought it would list the descriptors which I met etc but it's just a couple of tick boxes which the doctor ticked "In my opinion, the client falls in to the support group category of then she explains I'm unable to complete 2 personal actions. Then on the second page the HCP just writes that a review should be carried out in the medium term?

Whats that mean :/

In the medium term for the support group normally means two years, but you can confirm this by ringing the DWP, it should be on the computer.

"Unable to complete two actions" relates to question 11 on the ESA50, meeting the criteria for Descriptor 11(a) places a claimant in the Support Group.

Congratulations on the award.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris