× Members

SDA-ESA: My journey has begun

More
9 years 10 months ago #122808 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic SDA-ESA: My journey has begun

MariW wrote: Thanks! I loved paper-chases in healthier days. If my brain were less woolly I'd have asked for the ATOS email address. What is it?

Mari

Contact ATOS

Phone: 0800 2888 777 or 0113 230 9175

Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: MariW

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• MariW
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
9 years 9 months ago #122962 by MariW
Replied by MariW on topic SDA-ESA: My journey has begun
My letter from the DWP initiating the migration process was issued two weeks ago. As I wrote last week, I was staggered when the DWP rep that made the standard phone said it could be up to seven weeks before I received the ESA 50. The initial DWP letter stated, “After the call, we will send you a questionnaire” and I know that claimants don’t usually wait long for it to drop through the letterbox. Today, I emailed Atos Healthcare in hope of clarification. I received a reply very quickly. I have been informed that my benefit office has not yet made the referral that will trigger the issue of the ESA 50 and that only the DWP can advise claimants about the timescale of the transfer procedure.

I thought I knew the procedure from reading so many forum posts and replies but I’m totally confused.

Mari W

More
9 years 9 months ago #122964 by Gordon
Mari

I'm not sure that we can explain it. The moratorium on re-assessments does not include claimants being transferred to ESA, also (and without my checking) I cannot recall anyone reporting the ESA50 arriving outside of the normal two weeks where the form has not gone missing.

All I can suggest is that you continue to contact ATOS every week to see whether a form has been issued.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• MariW
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
9 years 9 months ago #122969 by MariW
Thanks, Gordon. I shall do just that.

• MariW
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
9 years 9 months ago #123237 by MariW
I emailed Atos again today as advised. Customer Services replied promptly to say that my benefit office referred my claim yesterday (16 July) and this triggered the ESA 50 that I ought to receive very soon. It’s a relief that nothing has gone wrong so far but despite long preparation I’m terrified. It’s a gloriously sunny day out there. It’s hard to imagine that most people can enjoy it without progressively disabling illness and without the intense fear I’m feeling now.

I’ll be using the PDF version of the form. When I return it to Atos do I have to include the unused paper version?

Thanks,

Mari W

More
9 years 9 months ago #123239 by Gordon
Mari

No you don't need to return the paper version as well.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: MariW

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.