× Members

SDA-ESA: My journey has begun

More
9 years 10 months ago #122799 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic SDA-ESA: My journey has begun
Mari

The time within which the ESA50 should be issued is not defined in the ESA Transfer Legislation so in principle can be issued after any period, however, the original guidance for the transfer process stated that it should be issued within two weeks of the phone call and in the three years since the transfer program began this has been the period (or less) that members have reported back to the forum.

It is not impossible that the current delays in the ESA system could effect the issuing of the ESA50 but given that this is an administrative process, not carried out by the administrative staff, it is difficult to understand how it would be.

My recommendation is that you stick to the original two weeks and contact ATOS if you have not received it, waiting the full seven weeks opens you up to the ESA50 going missing and your missing the required return date, risking the continuation of your claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• MariW
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
9 years 10 months ago #122800 by MariW
Replied by MariW on topic SDA-ESA: My journey has begun
Right, Gordon, I'll do that. I assume email is OK?

Mari

More
9 years 10 months ago #122801 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic SDA-ESA: My journey has begun

MariW wrote: Right, Gordon, I'll do that. I assume email is OK?

Mari

Yes it is, it also has the benefit of producing an audit trail of the contact you have had.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: MariW

More
9 years 10 months ago #122803 by winterchild
Replied by winterchild on topic SDA-ESA: My journey has begun
We are also SDA to ESA.
We got our ESA50 form exactly 7 days after the phone call from a DWP operative in Bangor. Now about halfway through until the deadline, and finding the mental health questions really quite difficult, even with the Guides.
Good Luck.

• MariW
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
9 years 10 months ago #122804 by MariW
Thanks! I loved paper-chases in healthier days. If my brain were less woolly I'd have asked for the ATOS email address. What is it?

Mari

• MariW
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
9 years 10 months ago #122806 by MariW
The best of luck to you as well, Winterchild :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: winterchild

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.