× Members

P.I.P.f1st telephone call ??hiya i

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #129957 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic P.I.P.f1st telephone call ??hiya i
Maggie

If you are currently receiving DLA HRC and HRM then this would be £138.05 every week at current rates.

Is there anybody that can help you with the form, a friend or relative? If nothing else, they could fill the form in while you tell them what to write.

Who helped you with the forms last time?

You can ask for an extension, but if you do make sure that you get it in writing.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #129966 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic P.I.P.f1st telephone call ??hiya i
Hi momx,

AGE UK can be very good if you are over 50 (Click link below) :

www.ageuk.org.uk/about-us/local-partners/

They will sometimes send an adviser to your home if you have mobility issues to help you fill forms in.

Further potential sources of advice can be seen here :

Where to get advice

Some Councils/Local Authorities have Welfare Rights Advisers, as well as some Housing Associations where you are a tenant.

You could also try putting Welfare Rights/Advice for your Town/Postcode into Google or another Internet Search Engine.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by bro58.

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130070 by maggieomx
Replied by maggieomx on topic P.I.P.f1st telephone call ??hiya i
hiya bro58 im going to try to get age concern to visit me , to help fill form in,
I have a mobility car , if I claim pip and don't get either care OR mobily pip, and I decide to appeal would I still get my D.L.A payment or would it all stop ? until appeal is heard ?? and would they take my car off me ??

• bro58
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130110 by bro58

maggieomx wrote: hiya bro58 im going to try to get age concern to visit me , to help fill form in,
I have a mobility car , if I claim pip and don't get either care OR mobily pip, and I decide to appeal would I still get my D.L.A payment or would it all stop ? until appeal is heard ?? and would they take my car off me ??

Hi momx,

I do hope that you manage to obtain help with the form filling ! :)

Your current rate of DLA will remain in payment until 4 weeks after the date of the new PIP decision.

Any award of PIP that you receive, (not DLA) will remain in payment while you go through The MR/Appeal process.

If you receive no award of PIP, then 4 weeks after the date of this adverse PIP decision, payments of DLA will cease, and you will receive no further payments at all (PIP or DLA) whilst the MR/Appeal process is ongoing.

Under that scenario, the only way that you will receive PIP payments, is if you are successful at the MR or Appeals stage.

If you are awarded Standard Rate Daily Living and Standard Rate Mobility PIP, for example, and you wish to request an MR/Appeal to obtain Enhanced Rate of both, The Standard Rate for both would remain in payment whilst you "Appealed" that decision.

I am afraid that unless you can obtain an Enhanced Mobility PIP Award initially, that Motability will want their lease car back.

See this extract :

"Q. What happens if I am not awarded the Enhanced Rate of the Mobility Component (ERMC) of Personal Independence Payment (PIP)?

A. If the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) decides you are not eligible for ERMC PIP, unfortunately you will not be eligible to use the Motability Scheme.

We will write to you to let you know that your leasing agreement will end and we’ll support you through the process of handing your car back.

Due to the unexpected and exceptional nature of these changes, we plan to provide customers who joined the Scheme before January 2014, with a one off transitional support package of financial support and advice regarding alternative mobility arrangements."

As you will see, there is a : Transitional Support Package for those who entered their current Motability lease scheme prior to January 2014, and lose their eligibility to the scheme due to not being awarded Enhanced Rate Mobility PIP.

Please keep us updated.

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130126 by maggieomx
Replied by maggieomx on topic P.I.P.f1st telephone call ??hiya i
hiya bro58 thanks for telling me it in laymans terms which I understand just to let you know iv got a 2hr appointment with a lady from citizens advice to help me fill it in , I have been reported to the social for apparently working which was proved I wasn't now I think my ex daughter in law has tried it again as we have a big court case happening with her ( which we are winning ) on 8th march she tried so many times to cause ripples with me ,thank you for all your help I will message you on Thursday to let you know how I go on with the lady helping me ,

t

• bro58
9 years 2 months ago #130127 by bro58

maggieomx wrote: hiya bro58 thanks for telling me it in laymans terms which I understand just to let you know iv got a 2hr appointment with a lady from citizens advice to help me fill it in , I have been reported to the social for apparently working which was proved I wasn't now I think my ex daughter in law has tried it again as we have a big court case happening with her ( which we are winning ) on 8th march she tried so many times to cause ripples with me ,thank you for all your help I will message you on Thursday to let you know how I go on with the lady helping me ,

t

That is good to hear momx,

Best wishes with the form filling !! :)

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.