× Members

P.I.P.f1st telephone call ??hiya i

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130172 by maggieomx
Replied by maggieomx on topic P.I.P.f1st telephone call ??hiya i
hiya bro will keep u up to speed with the form filling x

in laymans terms if I for some reason lose either my mobility or cars allowance or am not happy with the result given what is a " Mandatory Reconsideration" ???
and if I want to appeal do I do this first whatever it is ?? and will I lose my money if I do this ??

then after that is it then an appeal ??? , iv resigned myself to loseing my car !!
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130173 by maggieomx
Replied by maggieomx on topic P.I.P.f1st telephone call ??hiya i
bob58 I was also wondering if iv been chosen for re-assesent as the ex daughter in law has been playing silly games as well as nothing had changed with my claim but I read this ....
Benefits and Work can now confirm a story we originally published last October: claimants falsely accused of fraud face a strong probability of losing their DLA and being forced to claim PIP instead. In fact, the DWP have stated that even if they know that allegations are ‘false and malicious’ they will still transfer the claimant to PIP if ‘there remains a suggestion that the existing award is incorrect.’

do you think this could be a reason ?? as when I phoned D.L.A up they said I should not be applying for PIP YET ??

• bro58
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130177 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic P.I.P.f1st telephone call ??hiya i

maggieomx wrote: hiya bro will keep u up to speed with the form filling x

in laymans terms if I for some reason lose either my mobility or cars allowance or am not happy with the result given what is a " Mandatory Reconsideration" ???
and if I want to appeal do I do this first whatever it is ?? and will I lose my money if I do this ??

then after that is it then an appeal ??? , iv resigned myself to loseing my car !!

Hi momx,

Prior to October 2013, someone who received an adverse decision could appeal straight away to The DWP.

Since that time, you first have to request a Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) where the DWP re-look at the adverse decision.

Once they have carried out The MR, they will send you a written MR Notice which includes their revised decision.

If you are still not happy with that decision, you can appeal directly to the Tribunal Service. (TS)

You now have to go through The MR stage with The DWP before you can appeal to The TS.

The idea of the MR was to cut down on the number of appeals.

You will continue to receive the rate of PIP that you are awarded, or no monies if you don't receive a PIP award whilst the MR/Appeals process is ongoing, as I explained : Here.

We will explain this further, if the situations dictates, hopefully it won't !! :)

bro58

• bro58
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #130179 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic P.I.P.f1st telephone call ??hiya i

maggieomx wrote: bob58 I was also wondering if iv been chosen for re-assesent as the ex daughter in law has been playing silly games as well as nothing had changed with my claim but I read this ....
Benefits and Work can now confirm a story we originally published last October: claimants falsely accused of fraud face a strong probability of losing their DLA and being forced to claim PIP instead. In fact, the DWP have stated that even if they know that allegations are ‘false and malicious’ they will still transfer the claimant to PIP if ‘there remains a suggestion that the existing award is incorrect.’

do you think this could be a reason ?? as when I phoned D.L.A up they said I should not be applying for PIP YET ??

Hi momx,

The reason for your review could be : The Right Payment Programme where DLA recipients are reviewed at random.

It could be down to someone maliciously reporting you to DLA, this would be classed as reporting a Change of Circumstances, even if someone other than you reported it.

In either of the above scenarios, if you are in an Active PIP Area, a review would be carried out under PIP qualifying criteria rather than DLA.

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.