× Members

P.I.P.f1st telephone call ??hiya i

More
9 years 2 months ago #129850 by maggieomx
Replied by maggieomx on topic P.I.P.f1st telephone call ??hiya i
hiya bro58 thanks for the reply ,
I got the letter saying I had to contact pip to start my claim from DLA to PIP, by 18th feb which I have done.
so iv now to wait for another phone call pip1 call, then the pip2 one about how my disability affects me,
then I get sent a big form to fill in is that correct ??.
please be patient with me as I get a little confused,

im finding your site very hard to negociate ,

so do I just wait for the pip 1 phone call from pip ? do I have to do anything to prepare for it ?? thankyou

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 months ago #129861 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic P.I.P.f1st telephone call ??hiya i
Maggie

The answer to your questions are in our PIP Claim guide, we have posted links previously (repeated below) to this but I note you are having problems with navigating around the site, if you can explain the difficulties you are having we can try and help you, that way you can find information when the Moderators are not online.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
9 years 2 months ago #129923 by maggieomx
i did read somewhere of help you give to fill in the pip 1003 form , which I got today
im sorry im not a very clever person and just find the whole website confusing which is my problem not yours,
im sure I read somewhere theres a part that helps filling in the form and using words you have supplied instead of what I would put , think one instance is can walk "up to " not can walk the distance , or help to rephrase answers
I am terrified of filling in this form as I have no reports or letters or any paperwork from drs or medical staff and my doctor has gien up with me as he said theres nothing more they can do for me as I have a very bad back which affects my legs and sitting , I just go to the hospital appointment have my epidurals every 4 months then its back home for another 4 months !!
signing on to your forum has made it even worse which is my fault, as im not very good on computers and live alone so got no help please can yu help me please

More
9 years 2 months ago #129929 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic P.I.P.f1st telephone call ??hiya i
Maggie

It's not a problem, if you are not used to a site like this it can seem difficult to find anything.

All of our guides are available by you clicking on the Members Only Guides link on the left of the screen and a couple of inches above the top of this post.

Left click on the link and a new screen will appear titled Help for Claimants with a list of the benefits we support and some of the subjects that are covered for each of them.

Scroll down the page, the first benefit is Employment Support Allowance, if you continue scrolling Personal Independence Payments is the second one.

Click on the Personal Independence Payment claims and medicals link

On the new screen you want to select the entry called Guide to claiming PIP UPDATED 13.01.15 this is the guide you are looking for.

Your browser (the software that you are using to view the site with) will ask you if you want to open the file, save it or cancel. You want to select open.

If you get an error message then come back to the forum and we can help you from there.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• bro58
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #129931 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic P.I.P.f1st telephone call ??hiya i
Hi M,

I am sorry to hear that you are still having problems accessing our guides.

Just to add to Gordon's advice, you may need to install Adobe Reader on your P.C. to open our guides.

You can download Adobe and save it to your P.C. : Here. if you don't already have it.

You can untick the "Optional Offer" of McAfee, you don't need it :

"Optional offer:

Yes, install the free McAfee Security Scan Plus utility to check the status of my PC security. It will not modify existing antivirus program or PC settings."

In the middle of the screen before hitting the "Install Now" button, then follow the instructions.

Once you know that you have Adobe, when you left click your mouse on any of the blue links to the guides, you should see the options that Gordon mentioned.

If you choose to "Save" it to your computer, ideally on your desktop, you can then open it any time that you want without being logged on to B&W.

As Gordon says, if you are still having problems, please let us know and we will try our best to help. :)

As with any blue words/phrases (links) that we post for you. you have to left click your mouse on the link to access the information from it.

bro58
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by bro58.

More
9 years 2 months ago #129949 by maggieomx
thankyou Gordon for the plain reply , I got the pip 1003 form yesterday and just feel like giving it all up as iv got no medical reports or anything to back my illness up at home , got to have form back by 10th march 2015 !!

can I ask a question please im on top rate D.L.A for both care and motorbility, if I don't get given p.i.p for either, do you know how much would I lose out on ??.

I will try and fill the form in to my best but im hopeless !! thankyou xx

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.