× Members

Carers Allowance Query ...

More
8 years 10 months ago #136510 by Bud
Replied by Bud on topic Carers Allowance Query ...
Thanks again Gordon.

I rang carers, they told me to ring ESA, ESA told me to ring carers .... Finally carers told me there had been a mistake as someone had seen that I'd previously got DLA at low rate & turned us down on those grounds. I've been asked to ring ESA mid week & mention the underlying entitlement. Hopefully it will be sorted by then :unsure:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #136963 by Bud
Hi again folks,
Just to say that I called ESA again yesterday who hadn't got a clue, you know how it is. Then I called carers, who sent ESA an email about the underlying entitlement, & told me what to say when I called ESA again. Eventually ESA said that they would get someone to call me as they had no info on their computer, & they tried to get me to begin the whole process claim again. Someone did call me from ESA & say that we had got underlying entitlement & how much back pay we would get, & that we'd get it in writing. Today the underlying entitlement letter arrived, but no money in the bank as of yet. So is that it now, or is there anything else that I have to do? Much thanks.

• bro58
8 years 10 months ago #136966 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Carers Allowance Query ...

Bud wrote: Hi again folks,
Just to say that I called ESA again yesterday who hadn't got a clue, you know how it is. Then I called carers, who sent ESA an email about the underlying entitlement, & told me what to say when I called ESA again. Eventually ESA said that they would get someone to call me as they had no info on their computer, & they tried to get me to begin the whole process claim again. Someone did call me from ESA & say that we had got underlying entitlement & how much back pay we would get, & that we'd get it in writing. Today the underlying entitlement letter arrived, but no money in the bank as of yet. So is that it now, or is there anything else that I have to do? Much thanks.

Hi B,

If you have the decision notice, and you agree with the amount of any back-pay owed, then you simply have to wait for the correct amount of monies to arrive in the bank ! :)

If it hasn't arrived in a week or so, I would give them a "nudge" !!

Please return to let us know when it does.

Keep the letter in a safe place.

bro58

More
8 years 10 months ago #136978 by Bud
Hi B

The letter didn't mention any back pay, but I'm hoping that they send another letter tomorrow, or shortly about this. It's the sort of ridiculous thing that that usually do, send numerous confusing letters.

Thanks, I most certainly will do :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: bro58

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #136979 by Bud
WOOPS sorry I'm so hasty am I :blush:

The letter actually came from carers & was dated 19 June. So I'm still awaiting the letter from ESA or whoever it's coming from, I thought it was a bit of a rapid response from ESA.
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #136982 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Carers Allowance Query ...

Bud wrote: WOOPS sorry I'm so hasty am I :blush:

The letter actually came from carers & was dated 19 June. So I'm still awaiting the letter from ESA or whoever it's coming from, I thought it was a bit of a rapid response from ESA.

Hi B,

In that case, to help things along, you may want to send a copy (keep original) of the letter from The Carers Unit informing you of your underlying entitlement to CA, with a covering letter, to the address of The DWP Benefits Office/Centre on your most recent ESA letter, as it is ESA who will pay you the Carer Premium top-up in addition to your normal ESA payments.

Sending Documents to the DWP.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.