× Members

Carers Allowance Query ...

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #137110 by Bud
Replied by Bud on topic Carers Allowance Query ...
Hi all,

I didn't ring ESA as I thought I'd give them a week to sort it out. Today the back dated money went in the bank £311.40. This doesn't sound right for Carers Premium paid from 23 April-4 June? Am I missing something? Although the man who rang said that it would be that much, but I didn't take it in at the time. Also he said something about a new weekly payment of £208.25, I made notes but can't read them, they say ESA supp, prem comp car prem, I'm puzzled by the middle one which is prem comp, sorry :blush:

I've not had a letter from ESA explaining this yet, although they said that they'd send one. Should I give them a few more days or ring them up, as I fear they may have overpayed?

Also shall i inform housing? I'm not sure how much they're paying yet, so I don't really want to ring up at the moment.

Thanks, again.

Thanks.
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #137113 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Carers Allowance Query ...

Bud wrote: Hi all,

I didn't ring ESA as I thought I'd give them a week to sort it out. Today the back dated money went in the bank £311.40. This doesn't sound right for Carers Premium paid from 23 April-4 June? Am I missing something? Although the man who rang said that it would be that much, but I didn't take it in at the time. Also he said something about a new weekly payment of £208.25, I made notes but can't read them, they say ESA supp, prem comp car prem, I'm puzzled by the middle one which is prem comp, sorry :blush:

I've not had a letter from ESA explaining this yet, although they said that they'd send one. Should I give them a few more days or ring them up, as I fear they may have overpayed?

Also shall i inform housing? I'm not sure how much they're paying yet, so I don't really want to ring up at the moment.

Thanks, again.

Thanks.

Hi B,

I am afraid that I can't make much sense of the information that you have provided ! :)

It may be clearer when you actually receive the letter.

I can't recall whether or not you receive CB ESA in your own right, or you have any other household income, such as Works Pension/s, etc, (DLA & PIP don't count)

If not, and your hubby receives IR ESA for both of you as a couple, he should be paid the following :

ESA Personal Allowance Couple Rate : £114.85/Week

Support Group Component Addition : £ 36.20/Week

Enhanced Disability Premium (aka The Disability Income Guarantee) (for hubby being in The SG)- Couple Rate : £22.60/Week

Carers Premium (CP) (for hubby providing care for you) : £34.60/Week

Total maximum IR ESA entitlement : £208.25/Week (£416.50/Fortnight)

Obviously, both your DLA and PIP payments will be paid separately in addition to the above.

Hubby should receive back payment of The Carer Premium (£34.60/Week. £34.20/Week prior to 06/04/15) from the active date of your PIP Daily Living Award, whatever date that was.

You could also inform your Council's HB, Council Tax Depts, but this extra "Premium" will not have any adverse effect on any HB or CT Support entitlement, as The CP is paid as IR ESA.

If you still think that you may have been overpaid, keep any part of the back pay that you consider to be an overpayment to one side until things are clearer.

Please keep us updated.

bro58

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #137129 by Bud
Sorry & thanks bro, I don't understand me half the time so I don't expect anyone else to :blush:

So are you saying that we'll get Support Group Component Addition at £36.20, & Carers Premium at £34.60? That's a lot! It certainly all adds up to that amount, & the bloke on the phone gave me those figures too.

What I don't understand is the date (week prior to 06/04/15) that the back payment starts. I thought it was (according to my letter from carers) from 23 April-4 June. Unless that's just an example you've given me. If it ain't then the back payments work out about right.

Thanks for your kindness & patience. I'll wait for that letter, & I'll probably still be confused :blink:
The following user(s) said Thank You: bro58

More
8 years 10 months ago #137131 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Carers Allowance Query ...
Bud

The Benefit rates changed on 6 April so the reference to 06/04/15 is in regard to the current rate of the Carers Premium (£34.60) and the rate for "last" year (£34.20) in case your claim was made before 6 April.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bud

• bro58
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #137133 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Carers Allowance Query ...

Bud wrote: Sorry & thanks bro, I don't understand me half the time so I don't expect anyone else to :blush:

So are you saying that we'll get Support Group Component Addition at £36.20, & Carers Premium at £34.60? That's a lot! It certainly all adds up to that amount, & the bloke on the phone gave me those figures too.

What I don't understand is the date (week prior to 06/04/15) that the back payment starts. I thought it was (according to my letter from carers) from 23 April-4 June. Unless that's just an example you've given me. If it ain't then the back payments work out about right.

Thanks for your kindness & patience. I'll wait for that letter, & I'll probably still be confused :blink:

Hi B,

The 06/04/15 was the date of the annual uprating (rise) for all benefits.

So the CP was £34.20/Week prior to that date, and went up 40pence/Week to £34.60/Week after that date.

As seen in this FAQ : Benefit Rates 2015/16

You are entitled to back payment of The CP from the active date of your PIP Daily Living Award.

Any weeks owed prior to 06/04/15 would be at £34.20/Week, and any weeks owed after that date would be at £34.60/Week.

bro58

More
8 years 10 months ago #137146 by Bud
Aaaah I finally got it! Thanks so much to you both, phew I'm hard work I am :silly:
The following user(s) said Thank You: bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.