× Members

Carers Allowance Query ...

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #137189 by Bud
Replied by Bud on topic Carers Allowance Query ...
Just to say that the letter arrived today about the CP. Although they never fail to amaze me as it states that I may be asked to participate in a work focused interview, although I get PIP, & now I have a carer too ..... It's almost like a threat :huh:

I've informed HB & CT by email as I've been on the phone all morning waiting for them to answer, & I'm not even sure it's the right number. So I'll give them a few days to see if it's acknowledged, if not it's battle time again.

Thanks everyone so much for the help, until the next time ;)
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #137196 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Carers Allowance Query ...

Bud wrote: Just to say that the letter arrived today about the CP. Although they never fail to amaze me as it states that I may be asked to participate in a work focused interview, although I get PIP, & now I have a carer too ..... It's almost like a threat :huh:

I've informed HB & CT by email as I've been on the phone all morning waiting for them to answer, & I'm not even sure it's the right number. So I'll give them a few days to see if it's acknowledged, if not it's battle time again.

Thanks everyone so much for the help, until the next time ;)

Hi B,

Any potential "interview" would be due to the fact that you are the partner of an IR ESA claimant /recipient.

These interviews are really nothing to worry about, they are generally pretty brief and undemanding.

Of course, if they do request that you have to take part, they have to take into account any of your limitations that may hinder you travelling to JC Plus.

As previously advised, hubby's receipt of the extra CP as IR ESA should not have any adverse effect on any HB or CT Support entitlement, to the contrary receipt of any amount of IR ESA passports you to full HB entitlement and other "benefits" as I advised : Here.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.