× Members

PIP assessment today, Need info please.

More
8 years 11 months ago #135178 by Dun
Hi, first post.
Went for my medical in Glasgow today(Salus) and on arrival was taken to a room within 2 mins.
The HCP said they had no computers as they had been down for 2 weeks and proceeded doing a paper based assessment!

I am transferring from DLA to PIP and my DLA is due to end next payday, she was rushing me and didn't want to write what I was saying. I had a companion in with me.
She kept on saying to me what I could do and noting it but when I added my "Buts" she didn't note them as far as I could see. The medical was so quick that I didn't have time to decribe how my disabilities affect me.

At the end she said she would need to add the info to a computer when they were up again but didn't know when that would be.

A few issues I have with this.

1. I have to rely on HCP remembering the finer detail from a bit of paper some time down the line.
2. She didn't have access to my reports, forms etc before seeing me.
3. When my DLA is due to stop, will it continue as she said it could be months before I get a decision?

Any comments/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 11 months ago #135208 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP assessment today, Need info please.
Duntocher

I am afraid, realistically, you cannot do anything until the report has been produced and you can then see what it includes, you can request a copy of the report now and may receive it before the Decision is made allowing you to comment on it.

Your DLA will remain in payment until 4 weeks after a Decision is made on your PIP claim even if this exceeds the end date of your current claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dun

More
8 years 11 months ago #135308 by Dun
Replied by Dun on topic PIP assessment today, Need info please.
Thanks Gordon, if i'm refused PIP will I have to repay any money paid via DLA when a decision is made? Similarly, will I be paid backdeted money if my PIP outcome means a higher rate?

Thanks

More
8 years 11 months ago #135318 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP assessment today, Need info please.

Duntocher wrote: Thanks Gordon, if i'm refused PIP will I have to repay any money paid via DLA when a decision is made? Similarly, will I be paid backdeted money if my PIP outcome means a higher rate?

Thanks

You won't have to pay any DLA back but I am afraid you also won't receive any back payments should the PIP award be higher.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dun

More
8 years 9 months ago #137405 by Dun
Hi again,
Got a zero award and the letter was laughable. The DM part stated that there were inconsistences between my questionnaire and assessment. The DM stated a few things from HCP that were complete untruths and it looks like the medical report does not reflect what was discussed at medical. I cannot get the medical report from DWP despite 2 requests.
Without even having a copy I have requested an MR,
I am happy to go to appeal with this due to HCP having no idea about my condition, she said I should treat myself with a branded painkiller :blink: . There was a major language barrier between us which caused issues and of course the issue with being unable to read my notes on a system that was down. TBH if the decision makers notes are to be believed, the report was about someone else as it was just inaccurate and wrong.

Not going to give up on this and have my guides at the ready for going forward.
Will update you on progress or lack of :lol:

• bro58
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #137411 by bro58

Duntocher wrote: Hi again,
Got a zero award and the letter was laughable. The DM part stated that there were inconsistences between my questionnaire and assessment. The DM stated a few things from HCP that were complete untruths and it looks like the medical report does not reflect what was discussed at medical. I cannot get the medical report from DWP despite 2 requests.
Without even having a copy I have requested an MR,
I am happy to go to appeal with this due to HCP having no idea about my condition, she said I should treat myself with a branded painkiller :blink: . There was a major language barrier between us which caused issues and of course the issue with being unable to read my notes on a system that was down. TBH if the decision makers notes are to be believed, the report was about someone else as it was just inaccurate and wrong.

Not going to give up on this and have my guides at the ready for going forward.
Will update you on progress or lack of :lol:

Hi D,

DWP can't refuse to provide you with a copy of The PA4 PIP Assessment Medical Report :

You can issue a Subject Access Request (SAR) :

You can do this using a SAR Form :

SAR Form Download

From this page :

DWP Data Protection Policy

Or you can make the request in the form of a letter, as long as you make it clear that you are making a formal SAR under The Data Protection Act 1998.

Address the envelope : FAO The Data Controller, at the Benefits Office dealing with your PIP.

Write DPA 1998 SAR in front, top, left corner of envelope.

Once received, they have 40 calendar days to comply.

Sending Documents to the DWP.

You can also complain to : The ICO.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.