× Members

PIP assessment today, Need info please.

More
8 years 7 months ago #140414 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP assessment today, Need info please.

Dun wrote: On another note, my GP has submitted the medical report which is very basic and does not go into detail but simply states my conditions, it does not say how they affect me. I noticed that the Dr has to say unknown if she has not actually witnessed my side effects or any other way i'm affected. Any ideas how to provide evidence of my debility or will a tribunal simply go on the GP's report?

I wish I never bothered starting this claim now.

Tia

It's not unusual for GPs to have to mark "unknown" in regard to some of the PIP activities, unless you have spent the time (and they have allowed you time to do so), explaining the problems you have with washing, dressing, etc. they won't really know how you are effected.

This doesn't mean you can't score points, but you need to explain your problems in detail;

- why do I have a problem?
- how am I restricted?
- what happens if I ignore my restrictions
- when am I effected
- how long am I effected for?
- can you empirically describe your problems? For example if it takes you longer than average to carry out a task then include the timings (make sure you understand what the average might be considered to be)

Make sure that you are consistent, for example if you are going to say you have problems with walking and then say that you have problems calculating the change when you go shopping, then you are going to call into question what you have written.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dun

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #140455 by Dun
Replied by Dun on topic PIP assessment today, Need info please.
Once again thanks guys!

I contacted the clerk today who sniggered and assured me my appeal was still "Live"
She also said to send a copy of any response I make to DWP's latest letter to them to add to my file.
I will reply to their latest reconsideration and decision and will use the advice given when doing so.

Thanks again.

Dun
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
8 years 6 months ago #142723 by Dun
Update, my appeal is 5th Nov but I have now submitted some more evidence.
The GP I usually see at the practice has written a letter for me stating that my condition affects me 70% of the time and describes the severity of my symptoms so hopefully that will help.
I also got a great supporting letter from my consultant.
I've done all I can now I think and it's now down to the 3 wise men...or women.

Thanks guys and will post the outcome.
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

More
8 years 5 months ago #143451 by Dun
Sorry about the date above but my tribunal was today. Awarded enhanced rates for both parts for 2 years.

I was on the verge of giving up but thanks to to you guys I kept going and so glad I did now!
My main points were about "Reliability" as I didn't think this was taken into account in my case, the tribunal agreed. I also planted seeds about the medical report being unreliable by pointing out inconsistences.

Anyway, without the guides and advice in the forum, I would not have known what to do and would have accepted the original decision so a giant thanks to Benefits and Work.
Just a little question if I may? I have been awarded from march this year but they mentioned a date in July(Maybe when my DLA stopped). Can anyone advise how the backdated money will work?

Thanks again

More
8 years 5 months ago #143462 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP assessment today, Need info please.
Dun

Well done on the award, especially as you had to go to appeal, not the easiest of things to do.

How it should work, no guarantees that this is how they will do it, your PIP award should start from the day after your DLA claim was closed, the two cannot overlap so it cannot be earlier and there is no reason for it to be later.

Tribunal results take the DWP about 5-8 weeks to action, I would give them a call next week just to check that they have the Decision Notice, the Clerk of the Court should have emailed it to them, but they sometimes get "lost".

Gorodn

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dun

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.