× Members

PIP assessment today, Need info please.

More
8 years 8 months ago #139775 by Dun
Replied by Dun on topic PIP assessment today, Need info please.
Hi again, well more than 28 days have passed since I got my acknowledgement letter from the tribunal service and no word or "Bundle of papers"
What should I do now? Sit and wait or contact someone?

Thanks again in advance.

Dun

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 8 months ago #139776 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP assessment today, Need info please.

Dun wrote: Hi again, well more than 28 days have passed since I got my acknowledgement letter from the tribunal service and no word or "Bundle of papers"
What should I do now? Sit and wait or contact someone?

Thanks again in advance.

Dun

Hi D,

You could contact The Clerk to The TS for an update, their contact details should be on the letter.

bro58

More
8 years 8 months ago #139777 by Dun
Thanks bro, will do that now.

More
8 years 8 months ago #139779 by Dun
Just called the HMCTS and they are giving the DWP an extra week to send paperwork before chasing them up.

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #139952 by Dun
Update and confused!

Got a call from DWP today saying Atos are writing to my GP for a report, should this not have been done sooner? I find it strange that after doing the MR and sticking to original decision they now contact my GP whilst I await appeal. Is this the norm guys? Again thanks in advance.

Dun
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by bro58.

• bro58
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #139957 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP assessment today, Need info please.

Dun wrote: Update and confused!

Got a call from DWP today saying Atos are writing to my GP for a report, should this not have been done sooner? I find it strange that after doing the MR and sticking to original decision they now contact my GP whilst I await appeal. Is this the norm guys? Again thanks in advance.

Dun

Hi D,

No not the norm, and I agree that best practice would have been to contact your G.P. sooner !

However, they have no legal obligation to request Further Medical Evidence (FME) at any stage of the proceedings.

It may be a positive if your G.P. provides supportive evidence, and could result in your appeal hearing not being necessary. (i.e. It lapses)

You might want to consider contacting your G.P. to see whether he will allow you any input on the evidence that he is going to supply.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by bro58.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.