× Members

New to site HELP! Turned down for pip from dla

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #142848 by Kayceee
I have just signed up to this site and am not sure how it works. I have been on highest rate care, lowest rate mobility DLA for 6 yrs and had just been awarded a further 5. After my ATOS assessment I have been awarded zero points for pip. I have lost EVERYTHING. My partner claimed joint income support for us, carers allowance, housing benefit and we also claim child tax credit. It has all been stopped. I have asked for a mandatory reconsideration, but am yet to write my letter as I'm petrified. This has made me suicidal and unable to function. The dwp advisor I called asking for a mandatory reconsideration, told me to get a letter from my GP. I have an appointment with him this coming Thursday but am unsure as to what to ask him to write? Any advice or help would be truly greatful. Or hints on how to use this site too. :( :(
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #142857 by slugsta
Hi Kaycee and welcome to the site. This link will help you understand where to find things

Welcome to Benefits and Work

and this post will help you understand how the forum works.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/forum?view=top...0&id=105306&start=90

I'm sorry that your claim for PIP has failed. Your DLA will remain in payment for 4 weeks after the date of this decision. You should contact the council to make a claim for housing benefit on the grounds of low/no income.

Our PIP guides tell you howto write a letter requesting a Mandatory Reconsideration. They will also help you understand where you expected to score points for PIP.

PIP help for claimants

You should request a copy of the assessment report from DWP, this will tell you where you did/did not score points and we will be able to hep you more.

Meanwhile, if you have further questions please reply to this message and we will do our best to help. You will find it easily if you bookmark/favourite it on your web browser now, or click on your username when you are signed in to the forum :)

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Sindy
8 years 6 months ago #142860 by Sindy
Hi I'm trying to fill out two forms and no help.im getting so stressed I cannot write.

More
8 years 6 months ago #142871 by Kayceee
Thank you for your reply. I was scored zero points in everything including mobility. I can't even step out of my front door alone, or for that matter do anything without my partner. I've asked for a report but it hasn't arrived yet and my deadline is Wednesday! I've also got a drs apt Thursday but don't know what to ask him to write. I suffer severe anxiety, depression and debilitating migraines. It's all too much to cope with that I keep breaking down and can't focus. What should my next step be? Thank you so much for your time

• foss27
8 years 6 months ago #142874 by foss27
Hi Sindy I have responded to your other post.

Please do not post randomly on other posts which are irrelevant to your query.

• foss27
8 years 6 months ago #142875 by foss27
Hi Kayceeee

You can write the letter requesting a MR and say that further sumissions will follow once you have received all the relevant paperwork from them.

The important thing is to register the request for now. Then try to relax and wait for all the paperwork. Once that arrives you can work through it point by point and build your case to get it overturned. Don't get too despondent if you can help it.
If you don't have the paperwork by Thursday still go to your GP and tell him/her what has happened and how you feel about it. My GP is fantastic. Others vary judging by posts on this forum. Hopefully you've got a good GP who will support you.

Are there any charities for any of your health conditions? Visit their websites and look for help/assistence in dealing with benefit claims. A lot of charities are proving help and advice in differing levels of quality and depth.
There is also the CAB and other services although coverage is patchy. There's an excellent law service around Bristol/Avon for example.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.