× Members

New to site HELP! Turned down for pip from dla

• foss27
8 years 5 months ago #144753 by foss27
Hi K
Lots of people have successfully challenged PIP and ESA decisions.
You can read the letters we receive from members every week on this website.
The key is giving yourself the best chance by studying our guides, getting our help and putting forward the best possible case.
The percentage of successful appeals is lower for people representing themselves but the lack of legal aid funding means this is the only option for most of us. This website is here to give you the best chance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #144755 by Gordon
Kaycee

The following news item will give you some idea of appeal success rates.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/3151-pip-...-rates-keep-climbing

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 2 months ago #151305 by Kayceee
Hi all,
So I had my appeal today and it was adjourned as there was no medical evidence. They will now gather my medical notes from my gp and call me back in around 4 weeks. I feel like I just can't continue, today has been awful. Has anyone else had this? Please help

More
8 years 2 months ago #151323 by Gordon

Kayceee wrote: Hi all,
So I had my appeal today and it was adjourned as there was no medical evidence. They will now gather my medical notes from my gp and call me back in around 4 weeks. I feel like I just can't continue, today has been awful. Has anyone else had this? Please help

It's not particularly common but we do see it on the forum. I'm afraid there is no way around it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 2 months ago #151325 by Rh
Don't give up though I know of people who are on the enhanced care of pip due to mental health problems only .
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kayceee

More
8 years 2 months ago #151334 by Kayceee
Thank you so much RH. I just don't know how much more I can take. It all seems so hopeless at the moment, I have no positives at all :(

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.