× Members

New to site HELP! Turned down for pip from dla

More
8 years 5 months ago #144661 by Kayceee
Today I've received my mandatory reconsideration. They have still awarded me zero points. I cannot cope with appeal as this is affecting my mental health considerably. I suffer from severe anxiety, depression and regular debilitating migraines. I can't leave the house alone, stay inside for weeks and weeks on end and if I do venture out with somebody it makes me ill. Severe migraine, vomiting and unable to move. This is just 1 hurdle I face in my life and could go on forever listing how my illness affects me. So I would just like to stick to this 1 point for now. How have they awarded me zero points for following and planning a journey alone?? I'm at my wits end. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #144666 by Gordon
Kaycee

Whilst I can fully understand your concerns about pursuing this matter to appeal, my wife had to bully me into doing so (in a nice way), I'm afraid if you do not take the current claim further then your options are limited.

Without significant new evidence of your problems I do not think that there is any realistic prospect of the DWP looking at your claim again.

You can make a new claim for PIP, there is no waiting time, but given that you scored 0 points for the last one, unless you can address the issues that the Decision Maker has raised it would seem likely that a new claim will fail as well.

When you originally posted you were waiting for a letter from your GP, did you get one?

To receive a Mobility award you need to score at least eight points these can be from either the Going Out activity or the Moving around one, do you expect to score points for Moving Around due to problems walking?

If you are hoping to qualify just on the Going Out activity then you need to meet the criteria for 13(d), (e) or (f)

What did the DM say about your Mobility problems and what about the assessor, it may help if we have an understanding of why they did not agree with your stated limitations in this area.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 5 months ago #144669 by Kayceee
Thank you so much for your reply Gordon. My gp wrote a letter stating he felt my mental health hadn't been considered at all and a list of my problems, suicide attempt, bullimia and suicide ideation. My longstanding Gp has unfortunately retired so my new Gp went by my notes. The decision maker hasn't given any reason for decision just that I am able to carry out each task and am awarded zero points.

More
8 years 5 months ago #144670 by Kayceee
The assessor said I didn't have any problems following a journey as I made it to my assessment. I was with my partner, and was in quite a state and it made me bed bound for 2 days after.

More
8 years 5 months ago #144672 by Kayceee
The assessor said I didn't have any problems following a journey as I made it to my assessment. I was with my partner, and was in quite a state and it made me bed bound for 2 days after. I pointed this out in my mr. What are points 13 d e or f?

More
8 years 5 months ago #144675 by Kayceee
So sorry, I've have looked up what d, e or f are. I believe I qualify on both D and F. I simply cannot step outside my front door alone. I need prompting and reassurance constantly. Even then, as I said it isn't a pleasant experience and often makes me ill. I haven't left my home or gone anywhere alone for 20 years. Does that count? Sorry for continuous posts and rambling :blush:

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.