× Members

New to site HELP! Turned down for pip from dla

More
8 years 6 months ago #142877 by Kayceee
Hi foss27,
I have requested a MR by phone, does that mean my deadline is still by the date of the letter turning me down for PIP?
Unfortunately any local charities around here (north London) have long waiting lists to even be accepted for an appointment. CABs aren't up to much either :(
My GP is good and told me he would back up my claim should they write to him, but asking for an independent letter off his own back I am worried about.
I honestly cannot fathom how they have awarded me zero points. It's as if my claim pack was totally irrelevant and it's all down to ATOS spending 20 mins with me. I feel the hcp had absolutely no experience with mental health issues and was rather ignorant to it. She kept rolling her eyes and tutting, and wouldn't look away from her computer screen. I found it all quite traumatising to be honest and the thought of appeal just terrifies me. Thank you so much for your time :blush:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 6 months ago #142884 by foss27
You must back up your telephone request with a letter confirming it as they have been known to lose or deny telephone requests and the dealine passes without you knowing.

Perhaps you could explain to your GP that the DWP won't write to him. In the vast majority of cases they decide on the info in front of them. Thats why he needs to write a letter for you now.

Don't rely on local charities search online and use phone numbers and/or emails to contact them for help. Normally bigger charities have more resources so are in a better position to help. Here's one to get you started.

www.mind.org.uk

More
8 years 6 months ago #142891 by Kayceee
Thank you Foss27,
For now shall I write a letter going through the points the decision maker made, saying I will submit further evidence, then also go through the hcp report once I receive it?

• foss27
8 years 6 months ago #142897 by foss27
Good luck.

Come back anytime if you require further assistance.

More
8 years 6 months ago #142898 by Kayceee
I'm worried if I go through the decision makers reasoning point by point, that they will think this is my full explanation and won't wait for further eveidence?

• foss27
8 years 6 months ago #142906 by foss27
Just enclose a note with it saying more to follow.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.