× Members

Pip medical

More
8 years 2 months ago #150506 by Lala125
Pip medical was created by Lala125
Hi
I had my pip medical today. When it got to the examination I was not able to do it as I was in too much pain and the HP stopped it. She said you don't need to do it if you are in pain which I was. Will this go against me?
Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• foss27
8 years 2 months ago #150525 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic Pip medical
Hi
It should not go against you if you are in too much pain to do it.
After all that is the point!!!

More
8 years 2 months ago #150549 by Lala125
Replied by Lala125 on topic Pip medical
Hi
Don't know if I made it clear I could not do the exercises she asked of me due to pain. I answered the questions as best I could with the support of my son.
Thanks

More
8 years 2 months ago #150561 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip medical

Lala125 wrote: Hi
Don't know if I made it clear I could not do the exercises she asked of me due to pain. I answered the questions as best I could with the support of my son.
Thanks

Providing you explained why you could not perform the exercises then it should not count against you.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 2 months ago #151760 by Lala125
Replied by Lala125 on topic Pip medical
Hi
Something is not right with my claim for pip.
I put a fresh claim in on 18thdecember 2016. Sent off form in detail using your guides to the tee. I spoke to my doctor who said don't worry he will support me all the way. Beginning of February received a letter from capita saying they have or are waiting for medical evidence from from GP and will write if I need a medical. The next day I receive a letter to say the medical from 10th of February. I felt the medical went well. Today I received the brown letter and thought it was to say that they now have all the evidence and will write back with a decision but no it was the NO you have zero points.
On the letter it says the decision was made by using my form, GP report and oh report. I sister called dwp and they said they can't see any GP report and told me to called capita. She rung them this morning and they said they did request my GP report however never received so decided to do there report without it. called my gp they said they received the request for evidence on 16th Feb and is with the doctor. She called back capita they this time said that they sent the report request this time on the 22nd January?
But however first they said ask dwp if they have GP report then said maybe it was lost in the post my case is closed and they can't check if they receive it. My sister asked if they have asked for my GP report are they suppose to wait until they received it before they call me for a medical there response was they only wanted to know if my condition has improved or got worse.
Really at a lost end with it are they allowed to do that.
At the end of the call the woman said if I do get the report send it to them and they will look at my case again. Complete joke.
Help

More
8 years 2 months ago #151762 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip medical
Lala

I'm sorry to hear that your claim has been unsuccessful.

There appear to be serious problems with the PIP Assessment Providers interfacing with claimants GPs, however, the problem is not always down to the AP.

We don't know how long GPs are given to respond to a request for information from the AP, but it does not appear that they have given them very long before continuing with the process, unfortunately, one of the problems is that only about a 1/4 of GPs actually respond to these requests so the APs are used to not receiving them.

Your post suggests that the GP did receive the request but that they have not yet replied, is this still the case?

As a Decision has been made your only way forward is to request a Mandatory Reconsideration in writing, have a look at the PIP Appeal guide on how to do this, there are also template letter that you can use.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

You should request a copy of the assessment report, this can be done over the phone but we recommend that you follow up the request in writing.

When you have a better idea of why you failed, come back to the forum and we will do our best to help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.