× Members

Pip medical

More
8 years 1 month ago #155522 by Lala125
Replied by Lala125 on topic Pip medical
Hi
It's been 5 weeks since I submitted my MR. I called for update today after putting it off for last few days and was told they received a "supplementary report" on the 24th March .. What is that? I sent me a letter out yesterday to let me know they are still looking at it. They haven't as yet reached a decision and to call back 24th April if I haven't heard.
Fingers crossed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #155546 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip medical

Lala125 wrote: Hi
It's been 5 weeks since I submitted my MR. I called for update today after putting it off for last few days and was told they received a "supplementary report" on the 24th March .. What is that? I sent me a letter out yesterday to let me know they are still looking at it. They haven't as yet reached a decision and to call back 24th April if I haven't heard.
Fingers crossed.

They've either gone back to the Assessment Provider for more information or clarification of the assessment report or less likely, they have contacted your GP or one of the other HCP's that you listed on your PIP2,

I'm afraid there is no time limit for the DWP to complete an MR so apart from regularly checking with them for an update, there is nothing more that you can do at this time.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 1 month ago #155559 by Lala125
Thank you
From what I believe the HCP used my GP report from 2013 and did not wait for my current GP report even though they did request it so might be that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

More
8 years 1 month ago #155573 by Lala125
Hi
Do you think it could be my current GP report that Capita did not wait for but requested and my GP said he would send straight back.
It was still at my GP office when the original decision was made.

More
8 years 1 month ago #155593 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip medical

Lala125 wrote: Hi
Do you think it could be my current GP report that Capita did not wait for but requested and my GP said he would send straight back.
It was still at my GP office when the original decision was made.

It could be but I'm afraid you will have to wait for a Decision to find out.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 1 week ago #157618 by Lala125
So relived it's over and to all members never ever give up.

Whoop Whoop

Hi
I has been a hard, emotional and draining experience down a long road but never give up. A year in total to get the decision overturned

I suffer with anxiety and depression plus everything that comes with it. As many say a (hidden disability) as many know, others don't see or know what we go through on a day to day life with the struggles with this illness.

Anyway my story is 2 years ago I was awarded enhanced "daily living" and zero mobility. A year later I was reassessed 12 months before the end of award. I filled in the form and went for a medical.
I was in shock my award was stripped from me no warning completely straight away- I was dumb. From 13 points to 3 points.
I put in for a MR review but declined. Went to tribunal and attended in person to the most gruelling experience ever and was basically told ( not in so many words) there's nothing wrong with you and received a letter in the post with the same 3 points so no award.
I put in a fresh claim and attended a medical to be told NO again.
I finally had the courage to speak to my doctor and asked for a supporting letter and had his backing. Why oh why did I not do this before. ( too embarrassed to talk openly ) I only previously asked my health minds term for support.

I put in a MR with my comments on why I believe their decision was wrong and a fantastic supporting letter from my GP.
9 weeks later I received a text from DWP.

"We've decided you qualify for Personal Independence Payment. You don't need to contact us about this. We will send you a letter with all you need to know. If you don't get this within 2 weeks please contact us. Thank you."

I don't know at what rate as yet just glad it's over.

My message to others is never ever give up. It took me a painful long 12 months.

I went from zero points to an award at MR review.

Thank you so much to Gordon and bro for listening when no one else would and your invaluable advice.

To others always check what paper work capita and dwp are using as evidence because in my case they said they used my GP factual report however it was still at my doctors surgery when the decision was made.

I know I should be happy, which I am, but I feel so emotional and tired.

Will update when I get my award letter.

Thank you B&W

My question is I was awarded the enhanced daily living on my original claim but it was taken away on review , lost MR review and the tribunal then put in a fresh claim. Will the payment be backdated to my original claim date been stripped or only to the date of my fresh claim?
Many thanks

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.