× Members

Pip medical

More
8 years 2 months ago #151769 by Lala125
Replied by Lala125 on topic Pip medical
Hi Gordon, the ap said they requested the info on 22nd January however my GP said he received it on the 16th February. At present from what the receptionist said it is with the doctor.
However on my refusal letter from the dwp it says the evidence they used to decide was my form, GP report ( which they don't have they said on phone ) and said also said they don't have it, and the ap report.
Are capita suppose to wait until they receive my GP report before seeing me if they requested it? What happens now when my GP fills it in and sends it back? Will that change anything regarding the report?
Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #151806 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip medical

Lala125 wrote: Hi Gordon, the ap said they requested the info on 22nd January however my GP said he received it on the 16th February. At present from what the receptionist said it is with the doctor.
However on my refusal letter from the dwp it says the evidence they used to decide was my form, GP report ( which they don't have they said on phone ) and said also said they don't have it, and the ap report.
Are capita suppose to wait until they receive my GP report before seeing me if they requested it? What happens now when my GP fills it in and sends it back? Will that change anything regarding the report?
Many thanks

They are supposed to give the GP time to respond but they are not required to wait indefinitely.

As your file is now back with the DWP, I would imagine that the report will be forwarded straight to them. It's not impossible that it will result in a revision but I would be surprised if it did.

I would ask the GP to copy you in when they complete the report and use this as evidence to support an MR, assuming it is supportive of your claim.

You need to make the MR request within one month of the Decision or you risk having additional problems, so you might want to get an idea of when the report might be completed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 2 months ago #151911 by Lala125
Replied by Lala125 on topic Pip medical
Hi Gordon
My GP has written an excellent support letter which I am sending as part of my reconsideration and will be sending in the GP report direct to them.
Fingers crossed I get listened to.

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago #151928 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Pip medical

Lala125 wrote: Hi Gordon
My GP has written an excellent support letter which I am sending as part of my reconsideration and will be sending in the GP report direct to them.
Fingers crossed I get listened to.

Hi L125,

Always send/give copies of the original and keep the original !!

Good luck !! :)

bro58

More
8 years 2 months ago #151932 by suzyjay
Replied by suzyjay on topic Pip medical
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask my question but I'm very new to forums.
My question is - how long after have a face to face PIP assessment should I have to wait for a decision. The HCP told me as I left "don't wait too long before chasing the decision"

More
8 years 2 months ago #151961 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip medical
S

Welcome to the forum.

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

I've moved you post to it's own topic, please try and keep any further posts in this topic by using the reply button.

You might want to bookmark the topic in your browser so you can easily find it.

To answer your question, Decisions usually take 2-4 weeks although we have seen some delays to this since the beginning of the year.

There's no harm in your chasing, but if it has only been a few days since the assessment then it's unlikely that there will be any news yet.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.