× Members

PIP Query... After assessment

• foss27
8 years 3 months ago #150670 by foss27
Replied by foss27 on topic PIP Query... After assessment
Hi
The assessors report should detail what points she thinks you score and why.

Althou the Decision Maker is supposed to use all the info on tour claim they often just take the assessors report and base their decision on that.
You can ring and ask for a copy of your report now without waiting for the decision and see what she wrote.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Diane
  • Topic Author
8 years 3 months ago #150680 by Diane
Replied by Diane on topic PIP Query... After assessment
Thank you :-)
They said that the report copy could take longer to arrive than the actual decision so i guess we'll just have to play it by ear :-)
Thank you again

Xx

• Diane
  • Topic Author
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #151433 by Diane
Hi again,
My assessment report arrived today and I'm pretty astounded to read how accurate it is - we were so very lucky to have such a genuine assessor.
We have gone through all the questions and my husband has marked the appropriate points on each one, the assessor only ticked one box per activity so he hasn't had to worry about using the highest point.
The results are actually way over the 12 points for each benefit - does this mean we can breathe or is there still a chance the DM will give a different answer. My hubby says he can't see how they can after the results but I'm not so sure... They have also ticked the box at the end to say 'there's no requirement for review' - what sort of award length does that equate to please?
Huge thanks as always to you all - I hope you know how much you are appreciated:-)
Maudy xxx
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by .

8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #151439 by
Replied by on topic PIP Query... After assessment

Diane wrote: Hi again,
My assessment report arrived today and I'm pretty astounded to read how accurate it is - we were so very lucky to have such a genuine assessor.
We have gone through all the questions and my husband has marked the appropriate points on each one, the assessor only ticked one box per activity so he hasn't had to worry about using the highest point.
The results are actually way over the 12 points for each benefit - does this mean we can breathe or is there still a chance the DM will give a different answer. My hubby says he can't see how they can after the results but I'm not so sure... They have also ticked the box at the end to say 'there's no requirement for review' - what sort of award length does that equate to please?
Huge thanks as always to you all - I hope you know how much you are appreciated:-)
Maudy xxx

Hi D,

That sounds promising !! :)

In the vast majority of cases, The DWP PIP Case Managers (DM's) agree with The PA 4 recommendations !

Hopefully they will here !!

The longest possible PIP Award is known as an "Ongoing Award" which is similar to the DLA "Indefinite Awards" !!

Although all PIP Awards can be reviewed at any time for any reason, Ongoing Award recipients are generally left alone for at least 10 years !!!

Please keep us updated !! :)

I notice that you have several other topics with PIP queries which I will now merge with this one !

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now. That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your PIP related queries to this topic ! :)

bro58

• Diane
  • Topic Author
8 years 3 months ago #151442 by Diane
Thank you Bro58 - for your lovely reply and for merging my threads! I'm not very technical!
I do hope they don't take too long now with a reply - it's been a tough 5 months so far and I was quite poorly on the assessment day. I feel very lucky indeed to have the assessor we did.
If we have worked out the points correctly - (it totals over 20 and 16 respectively)then it may mean Im awarded more than my current award of DLA, we've never pushed for reassessment because I've always been afraid of losing everything after experiencing what's tribunal is like I know how fast that rug can be pulled!
I daren't allow myself to feel too confident just yet but I do feel a little better.
All thanks to B&W - I successfully helped my Mum with an attendance allowance claim for my father back in June and fingers crossed for us too. You are all amazing!
Just one last question - what happens now? Any idea how long it may be before we hear something? If we are lucky enough to receive a higher award than the current DLA how far back do they calculate it? I have an indefinite DLA award so it hasn't ended yet....
Huge thanks again
Maudy x

8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #151450 by
Replied by on topic PIP Query... After assessment

Diane wrote: Thank you Bro58 - for your lovely reply and for merging my threads! I'm not very technical!
I do hope they don't take too long now with a reply - it's been a tough 5 months so far and I was quite poorly on the assessment day. I feel very lucky indeed to have the assessor we did.
If we have worked out the points correctly - (it totals over 20 and 16 respectively)then it may mean Im awarded more than my current award of DLA, we've never pushed for reassessment because I've always been afraid of losing everything after experiencing what's tribunal is like I know how fast that rug can be pulled!

I daren't allow myself to feel too confident just yet but I do feel a little better.
All thanks to B&W - I successfully helped my Mum with an attendance allowance claim for my father back in June and fingers crossed for us too. You are all amazing!
Just one last question - what happens now? Any idea how long it may be before we hear something? If we are lucky enough to receive a higher award than the current DLA how far back do they calculate it? I have an indefinite DLA award so it hasn't ended yet....
Huge thanks again
Maudy x

Hi D,

Thanks for the kind comments !! :)

On average it generally takes 2-4 weeks for The PIP DM to inform the claimant of their decision !!

However, since the New Year we have seen a slowing down of the whole process and some members have been receiving Texts/Letters informing them that it may take longer than normal.

So don't worry if you receive one !!

You could give it 7-10 day, then ring the PIP helpline for an update :

PIP helpline :
Telephone: 0345 850 3322
Textphone: 0345 601 6677
Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm

You will continue to receive your current rate of DLA until 4 weeks after the date of the new PIP decision, whatever the new PIP decision may be.

So, unlike a totally fresh claim for PIP where the PIP decision is backdated to the start of the claim, there is no back dating of PIP with DLA to PIP transfers.

So claimant's who receive a higher PIP award than they were previously in receipt of with DLA will not receive any backdating of the improved PIP award !!

bro58

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris