× Members

PIP Query... After assessment

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #151695 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP Query... After assessment

Kaziwoo wrote: thanks this answers my question.I had my house interview in the middle of January 16. I recieved a letter on 8th Febuary from DLA saying that they had now recieved everything that they need to make the decision and Im wondering how long it will take before I hear? I cant believe how stressful it is waiting to hear. If I dont receive anything I will of course appeal but that takes quiet a lot of energy and it would be good to know if I can relax or need to gear up.

Hi K,

See This Post a little earlier in this topic !

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #151773 by mrsoptic
Replied by mrsoptic on topic PIP Query... After assessment

Diane wrote: Hi mrsoptic,
I'm so sorry to hear they haven't had your report yet, i called every day after my assessment and they told me various things - it was in the post room etc! and then it just arrived out of the blue last Friday. I feel extremely lucky with the Assessor we had and the accuracy of the report is just perfect - i had no faith whatsoever after reading other peoples experiences of the same. Did the assessment go ok for you? I was thinking about you that day.. its so damn stressful :-(
fingers crossed we both hear something soon xx

The assessment went ok really. My husband was in a right state though an to be honest I don't think he could even tell you what the HP even looked like as he never looked up from his shoes! He was in a right state with his nerves and being honest he was in such panic about having go there and out the house that they prob saw him in his true state when we go out. They asked him about his conditions and medication and he wasn't able recall what it was called. He slurred all his words and was only able to mumble short yes or no answers really. I had to advise the HP mainly and I really just said what we put on the forms. I don't know though he seemed nice but when we were asked about eating and taking nutrition he seemed to almost want to help us score points. We said he can't make a meal etc because he has no desire and is extremely accident prone etc but said he can put food in his mouth and eat fine. The HP just then asked well does he eat when food is there most the time and in all honesty he doesn't. I explained that his depression causes him to not eat for days sometimes and he just nodded and wrote it up. I don't know ? Maybe we did terrible in everything else so he felt we needed points in something??? He did try catch us out a few times though see if we were obviously bluffing. He asked if we had pets, which I replied 2 dogs. He then asked who walked the dogs and I said neither of us as we have a large back garden and he can't leave the house with his mental state most the time and I was in my wheelchair and had my own limitations. He seemed fine with this. Anyway we felt it went as well as these things go and the HP wished us good luck at the end too. Upon requesting his report though from DWP they haven't received it yet ! It's 24th Feb today and his assessment was 11th Feb! They have asked CAPITA to send it again and have said they will send the report to us hopefully by the end of the week but it seems odd they haven't had it when they are done electronically the same day so DWP advised us. We will have to see :/

• Diane
  • Topic Author
8 years 1 month ago #153651 by Diane
Replied by Diane on topic PIP Query... After assessment
Hi again,
Just a quick update... I had previously calculated what I expected my points would be and then finally got confirmation in the post this week. I'm so pleased not to mention relieved it's all over... For how long I don't know - even though the letter says they will contact me in 2026 I don't know if that's going to definitely be right... Does anyone know? I've read a few internet posts about potential pip benefit cuts happening next year but I don't know if that's true or not.
Have you heard anything yet?
Xx

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #153657 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP Query... After assessment

Diane wrote: Hi again,
Just a quick update... I had previously calculated what I expected my points would be and then finally got confirmation in the post this week. I'm so pleased not to mention relieved it's all over... For how long I don't know - even though the letter says they will contact me in 2026 I don't know if that's going to definitely be right... Does anyone know? I've read a few internet posts about potential pip benefit cuts happening next year but I don't know if that's true or not.
Have you heard anything yet?
Xx

Hi D,

Congratulations on the PIP Award !!! :cheer: :cheer:

As things currently stand, you should not be contacted regarding a review until 12 months before the end date of your PIP Award.

However, PIP Legislation allows DWP to review any PIP Award, at any time, for any reason.

Hopefully, they will leave you alone until 2025 !!! :)

I gather that you are referring to This Topic

Where any changes to The PIP Assessment criteria would only affect you if you were reassessed after January 2017.

I wouldn't worry about this with such a long award !!! :)

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by bro58.

More
8 years 1 month ago #153675 by mrsoptic
Replied by mrsoptic on topic PIP Query... After assessment
Great news Diane I'm so pleased for you. We sadly are still waiting for the copy of the assessment to be even sent out to us! It's an absolute joke really.

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.