× Members

PIP Query... After assessment

• Diane
  • Topic Author
8 years 3 months ago #149798 by Diane
Replied by Diane on topic PIP Query... After assessment
Thank you Gordon I will attempt to read through it all later this evening when I've composed myself.
I know I'm in a Capita area and wondered if there is anyone local to me who had their assessment already and can advise what to expect of the actual assessor etc. I'm a wheelchair user so I'm hoping the place is accessible for starters
Thank you again

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #149803 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Query... After assessment
Diane

All posts are moderated so even when a Moderator is online they may still take some time to appear in the forum.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Diane
  • Topic Author
8 years 3 months ago #149806 by Diane
Sorry Gordon I'm in a state of panic at the moment - totally not thinking straight. Thank you again

More
8 years 3 months ago #149827 by cossack
Replied by cossack on topic PIP Query... After assessment
Hi, had my assessment in December last year in Walsall carried out by an ex paramedic. To try to reassure you, it was OK and I felt listened to. Was awarded enhanced rate for both mobility and care. I suffer from MS and am in a wheelchair too - I asked for a downstairs room and was given one. Hope you have too. Don't be afraid to stand your ground if not offered one, just calmy say you're willing to be assessed but you can't get upstairs !!! Good luck and please try not to worry all week about it (easier said than done I know)

• Diane
  • Topic Author
8 years 3 months ago #149841 by Diane
Cossack thank you so much for taking the time to reply, I am beside myself with worry and have been in a state of panic since I had the letter. I know it's irrational and there are far worse things going on but I have already experienced a DLA tribunal many years ago and it was the worst experience of my life. I ended up in hospital as a result.
It's good to hear your experience though and I really appreciate your reply - it has reassured me. I just hope I get a nice assessor although I'm not holding my breath.
Huge thanks again
Xxx

More
8 years 3 months ago #149850 by Mollie
Replied by Mollie on topic PIP Query... After assessment
If you contact the local disability group at www.stand-stoke.org.uk/ they may be able to help. I know they did an access report on the centre and perhaps a member may have experience.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.