× Members

PIP Query... After assessment

• Diane
  • Topic Author
8 years 3 months ago #151460 by Diane
Replied by Diane on topic PIP Query... After assessment
Ah fantastic thank you for explaining that one!
I really hope it goes our way now but I guess it's looking hopeful!
Huge thanks again xxx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #151560 by mrsoptic
Replied by mrsoptic on topic PIP Query... After assessment
Diane, I'm so pleased to hear your happy with your assessment report. You had your assessment 4 days before us but upon chasing the DWP for an update they are saying they still haven't received the assessment for my husband! having phoned capita they assure me they have sent the report on 15th feb but the DWP haven't got a copy yet? So stressful considering we were under the same assessment centre also! These things never go according to plan do they! Anyway keep us all updated and i really hope everything goes OK for you. I know how worried you were about the assessment. x

More
8 years 2 months ago #151569 by francis1969
Replied by francis1969 on topic PIP Query... After assessment
Hi Diane, Foss & Bro,

Content of this 'after assessment' post is pretty much what I have been looking for as circumstances almost reflect Dianes!

Received PA4 and letter explaining that they have all reports and documentation...Sorry that is has taken longer...etc. Although 'promising', no doubt does not help with those awaiting actual decision letter!

1 week after receiving 'we're sorry it's taking longer than expected', letter box went with struggle which always indicates 'thick letter'. Fact that it was also a brown envelope added to trepidation, but with the 'at least find out result' feeling.

Result-DLA uprating notification! Nothing at all relating to PIP! 8 pages of non information multiplied by however many PIP applications have commenced! Gobsmacked and still frustrated.

Surely, if people are as far forward in PIP applications, this should be indicated on system and save not having to send out letters containing what may well be irrelevant information, especially as it is known that rates for DAL/PIP are to remain unchanged between 2015/16 and 2016/17!

Are other PIP applicants also receiving DLA uprating letter!

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #151592 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic PIP Query... After assessment

francis1969 wrote: Hi Diane, Foss & Bro,

Content of this 'after assessment' post is pretty much what I have been looking for as circumstances almost reflect Dianes!

Received PA4 and letter explaining that they have all reports and documentation...Sorry that is has taken longer...etc. Although 'promising', no doubt does not help with those awaiting actual decision letter!

1 week after receiving 'we're sorry it's taking longer than expected', letter box went with struggle which always indicates 'thick letter'. Fact that it was also a brown envelope added to trepidation, but with the 'at least find out result' feeling.

Result-DLA uprating notification! Nothing at all relating to PIP! 8 pages of non information multiplied by however many PIP applications have commenced! Gobsmacked and still frustrated.

Surely, if people are as far forward in PIP applications, this should be indicated on system and save not having to send out letters containing what may well be irrelevant information, especially as it is known that rates for DAL/PIP are to remain unchanged between 2015/16 and 2016/17!

Are other PIP applicants also receiving DLA uprating letter!

Hi f1969,

"Are other PIP applicants also receiving DLA uprating letter"

Yes, they are !!!

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

• Kaziwoo
8 years 2 months ago #151686 by Kaziwoo
Replied by Kaziwoo on topic PIP Query... After assessment
thanks this answers my question.I had my house interview in the middle of January 16. I recieved a letter on 8th Febuary from DLA saying that they had now recieved everything that they need to make the decision and Im wondering how long it will take before I hear? I cant believe how stressful it is waiting to hear. If I dont receive anything I will of course appeal but that takes quiet a lot of energy and it would be good to know if I can relax or need to gear up.

• Diane
  • Topic Author
8 years 2 months ago #151689 by Diane
Replied by Diane on topic PIP Query... After assessment
Hi mrsoptic,
I'm so sorry to hear they haven't had your report yet, i called every day after my assessment and they told me various things - it was in the post room etc! and then it just arrived out of the blue last Friday. I feel extremely lucky with the Assessor we had and the accuracy of the report is just perfect - i had no faith whatsoever after reading other peoples experiences of the same. Did the assessment go ok for you? I was thinking about you that day.. its so damn stressful :-(
fingers crossed we both hear something soon xx

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.