× Members

ESA Support group

More
7 years 10 months ago #161235 by SwiftyOne
Replied by SwiftyOne on topic ESA Support group
Hi
I received a letter about my assessment to day...Here are the main points of this letter:

"I am writing to you with regard to your request for a home visit for your ESA assessment.
Unfortunately a home visit could not be authorised on the medical evidence we have received,
An assessment is still required by the DWP, and so your existing appointment will remain open for your attendance"

What do I do now, because, only in August of 2015 I had to go to a PIP assessment coming from DLA...In filling out the PIP form I had to request a home visit, as my condition had changed, and was a lot worse than it was three years ago, when I first put in a claim for DLA....
The point I am making is, the amount of evidence, that had been put forward for my ESA, is exactly the very SAME evidence, that I had put forward for my PIP assessment, where I was GRANTED a home visit, this makes no sence, as I was at that time physically unable to attend a PIP assessment.......I am STILL physically unable to attend an ESA assessment.

I have my GP's FULL support for me and my Condition. she even typed up a fresh later, as well as sending in ALL the evidence she had already sent for my PIP assessment, my GP had done all this free of charge this time....I cannot afford to do this again, this is so unfair...
It's like demanding I do a hand stand, but I have no hands....Please help, what do I do now?? There is only one way to stop all this!!!!!!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #161241 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Support group
Stephen

Try involving your MP.

Contacting your MP

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: SwiftyOne

More
7 years 10 months ago #161285 by SwiftyOne
I have sent a letter to my MP Chloe Smith, and hope there maybe an answer before my appointment date for ESA., which I will have no choice but to cancel, as through no fault of my own, I am physically unable to attend.

None of this makes any sense, as the only evidence I have, is the SAME evidence I had three years ago, that got me put into the support group of ESA, and still using that SAME evidence for PIP had me put on high rate mobility and high rate carer's allowance.....
Seems to me they are moving the goal posts to suit them, how the hell do they get away with doing this? this MUST be illegal surely???

More
7 years 10 months ago #161327 by Gordon

Stephen wrote: this MUST be illegal surely???

I am afraid not, the legislation does not define how the assessment process is to operate, it is down to Maximus.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 10 months ago #161379 by SwiftyOne

Gordon wrote:

Stephen wrote: this MUST be illegal surely???

I am afraid not, the legislation does not define how the assessment process is to operate, it is down to Maximus.

Gordon

That don't sound good at all:(..
So, if I’m unable to attend an assessment, through no fault of my own, that would effectively cause my condition to become worse, causing me more chronic back and leg pain, and that I have my GP saying exactly the same thing, in fact, let’s go one step farther, what if my GP wrote a letter saying:
“Not only would attending an assessment, cause Mr "*** much more pain, and stress, it could cause danger to himself or others should he have a fall, as he is unable to walk over seven meters. Maximus would then be allowed to do what?

My GP has known me and my condition for over 10 years, and knows exactly what I am capable of doing or not doing, and it worries me greatly that Maximus can override what a Doctor is telling them, and be allowed to do whatever they like regardless.

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #161384 by Gordon
Stephen

Unfortunately, this is not a black and white situation, there is no recipe to success that I can give, at this level of detail , the process will likely vary from claimant to claimant and how those looking at your problems view them. It is perfectly possible that another claimant in another area with the same problems would be offered a home assessment, but we can only deal with you and your claim.

So, would your GP write such a letter?

It might help if they made reference to the Equality Act.

Gordon

Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.