× Members

ESA Support group

More
7 years 10 months ago #161392 by SwiftyOne
Replied by SwiftyOne on topic ESA Support group

Gordon wrote: Stephen

Unfortunately, this is not a black and white situation, there is no recipe to success that I can give, at this level of detail , the process will likely vary from claimant to claimant and how those looking at your problems view them. It is perfectly possible that another claimant in another area with the same problems would be offered a home assessment, but we can only deal with you and your claim.

So, would your GP write such a letter?

It might help if they made reference to the Equality Act.

Gordon

It's not that I'm looking for answers, although it does sound that way, I appreciate greatly all the help I can get, it's just, whan your pushed against a solid brick wall, and you know you have done all in your power to climb over it, sometime it feels like a lost cause, without you. and all the people on this site to help us genuine ill people, we would have nothing... :)

Would my Doctor write such a letter? Of couse, it's the truth, I fell out my front door two years ago, done some damage to knee and lower back, spent two months flat on my back in bed unable to move at all :)

Thanks for your feeb back Gorden, just to have someone listen, is nice :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #163504 by SwiftyOne
Replied by SwiftyOne on topic ESA Support group
Hello
I thought this needed an update :)
On the advice given by Jordon, I contacted my MP Chloe Smith, explaining my concerns about a home visit for my ESA assessment.
She was more than happy to act on my behalf, after a few delays waiting for a report from Doctor, so I could send to my MP Chloe Smith.
I received a letter this morning 15/07/2016 from the Health Assessment Advisory Service, regarding a home visit for my ESA assessment. Here is just a section from this letter:

A Healthcare Professional has now reviewed the medical evidence received, and has approved a home visit for your assessment...

So, a very big thank you to Gordon as I now have a home visit, I would have never thought involving my MP otherwise :)

Thanks...Steve
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.