× Members

ESA Support group

More
8 years 2 months ago #151064 by SwiftyOne
Replied by SwiftyOne on topic ESA Support group
Thank you bro58
Those links are extremely useful....Not just that, I first came here and posted being, and feeling quite upset, just seeing there are lots of people in worse off condition than myself, and doing some more reading today, and getting to know this website...I feel so much better than I did when I first posted.
Thank you!
Steve
The following user(s) said Thank You: slugsta

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #160628 by SwiftyOne
Hello
Hope it's OK to open up this thread again,.... :)
I am coming up to an ESA Support assessment on the [removed]..

This will be my seconed assessment for claiming ESA in the support group, my first assessment done in 2012 of which I was put into the support group of ESA.

I have degenerative disc disease, and over this four year gap between assessments, my condition has gotten much worse, to where I can only walk 7-8 meters (on cruches) then I would be in so much pain, I would have to stop and could not carry on untill the following day.
While filling in the ESA assessment form I requessed that I have a home visit, this has been backed up by my GP in a letter that was sent in with the ESA assessment form...Now nearly eight weeks later I have not had anything back regarding a home visit....Should I get back in touch with them regarding this?

Bear in mind, that last August 2015 I had a home visit with my PIP assessment, and I recieve The high rate mobility...
Thanks
Steve
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Gordon. Reason: removed personal information

More
7 years 10 months ago #160645 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Support group
Stephen

I've removed the details of your appointment, they clearly identify who you are to those who might be interested.

Yes! I would certainly chase Maximus for an update.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: SwiftyOne

More
7 years 10 months ago #160690 by SwiftyOne
Hello
Thanks Gordon, phoned later this afternoon and got told, "We are looking into your request, and will let you know by letter".....At least I know something now :)

Thanks ...
Steve

More
7 years 10 months ago #160763 by SwiftyOne
Be nice to know when all thes assessments will stop, I mean over the past four years, this will be my 5th assessment, looking into the same condition, (degenerative disc disease) They have now ALL the evidence of my condition, going back over 45 years, all my medical records, from 1970, X Rays, scan results, no end of Doctors/GP reports and letters....To get all these records together has cost me over £150 all photo copied and all in date order? What do they do with all these records? Are they starting a dater base, to find who is genuine, and who is not?...I do hope they don't just throw away all these medical and very private records that they have on eveyone?

So, will they now be telling me thank you, Mr *** We have all the evedents we need to make a decision, to which benefits your entitled to, and we aso know that your condition (degenerative disc disease) is getter worse and not better?
Where will it go next? I have nothing else to give them?
Thanks....
Steve

More
7 years 10 months ago #160813 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Support group
Stephen

Whether you avoid a face to face will depend on well you have explained your abilities to complete the ESA activities and the evidence attached.

I'm afraid the ethos of the current benefit system is regular reassessment, the longest time between reviews for ESA is three years.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.