× Members

Using ESA 85 For PIP

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #151113 by shandy
Using ESA 85 For PIP was created by shandy
Is it possible to use an esa85 medical form for pip form, it has everything about my condition and my terminal cancer on it, or would they not recognise it for pip. I understand the questions are different for both pip and esa.

thanks
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by slugsta.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #151129 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Using ESA 85 For PIP
Hi Sandy,

If you think the ESA85 is helpful to your PIP claim, and addresses descriptors that are common to both benefits, then by all means include a copy in support of your PIP claim.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
8 years 2 months ago #151167 by francis1969
Replied by francis1969 on topic Using ESA 85 For PIP
Hi Mrs Hurtyback, (not know if Sandy has made other posts & dealth with this aspect) no other way to word this, but due to content of above, shouldn't Sandy be able to do down DS1500 route?

Apologies if wrong in posting, it is content of 'descriptive' 2nd line of Sandys post & how PIP claim should possibly be handled!)

Regards

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #151171 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Using ESA 85 For PIP

francis1969 wrote: Hi Mrs Hurtyback, (not know if Sandy has made other posts & dealth with this aspect) no other way to word this, but due to content of above, shouldn't Sandy be able to do down DS1500 route?

Apologies if wrong in posting, it is content of 'descriptive' 2nd line of Sandys post & how PIP claim should possibly be handled!)

Regards

Hi f1969,

Maybe, a DS1500 can only be issued if there is a prognosis of 6 months or less on the Terminal Cancer and DWP are rigid on the 6 months.

A Terminal Cancer prognosis does not necessarily mean that the prognosis is 6 months or less !!

This is known as : Special Rules Claim

See also : CAB Special Rules PIP

This is also covered in our : PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link down the page)

If a Special Rules claim is to be made, DWP should be informed of this from the onset of the PIP Claim.

Once they have copy of The DS1500 the claim should be fast tracked without the need of filling in a PIP 2 or a face to face assessment

An Enhanced Daily Living Award should be given and possibly an Enhanced Mobility Award as well.

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by bro58.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #151252 by shandy
Replied by shandy on topic Using ESA 85 For PIP
Hi All,
Thanks for your replies. I did tell the person from the DWP when they rang regarding my diagnosis and they asked the question in their office whilst I was on the telephone about the Ds1500 and then told me they still needed to send me the PIP form. I do have a terminal cancer diagnosis, but whilst Multiple Myeloma has no cure, in some cases it's treatable. I had a bone marrow transplant in March 2009 and My readings have stayed stable, however relapse is inevitable one day. I have also had a total knee replacement in august 2015 which I am still getting over.

thanks

• bro58
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #151274 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Using ESA 85 For PIP

shandy wrote: Hi All,
Thanks for your replies. I did tell the person from the DWP when they rang regarding my diagnosis and they asked the question in their office whilst I was on the telephone about the Ds1500 and then told me they still needed to send me the PIP form. I do have a terminal cancer diagnosis, but whilst Multiple Myeloma has no cure, in some cases it's treatable. I had a bone marrow transplant in March 2009 and My readings have stayed stable, however relapse is inevitable one day. I have also had a total knee replacement in august 2015 which I am still getting over.

thanks

Hi S,

Yes, to make a Special Rules PIP Claim using a DS1500, it must stipulate that the prognosis is 6 months or less, and they are rigid on this !

With a "Special Rules PIP Claim" where a DS1500 has been issued stipulating a prognosis of 6 months or less, you should not have to fill in a PIP 2 Form or go through the normal assessment process

However, even though you may be classed as "stable" at this time, and may therefore have to go through the normal PIP assessment process, they should still take into account any limitations that you are still suffering as a result of your conditions and/or any treatment that you are receiving.

PIP Claims Guide. (2nd Link down the page)

How The PIP Points Scoring System Works.

PIP Self Test

Good luck !!

You should Bookmark/Favourite this page in your Internet Browser now. That way you can return to this topic easily to pose any further queries that you may have by replying to the topic.

See : This Topic also !

Thanks in anticipation of your future co-operation in keeping all your PIP related queries to this topic ! :)

bro58

Moderators: bro58GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.