× Members

Using ESA 85 For PIP

More
7 years 11 months ago #158322 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Using ESA 85 For PIP

shandy wrote: Hi all,

I still have not received a decision on my PIP, It will be 8 weeks this week since my medical assessment, despite numerous phone calls, last week the man at dwp told me he would get the case manager to update me, but nearly a week on and still no phone call. Would you have an update on the waiting period.

thanks
Shandy

We've been quoting eight weeks for a couple of week now, it's possible that the waiting time has continued to increase but your post would be the first to suggest this.

I'm afraid this is an area where claimants have little opportunity to push the DWP to move faster.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #158383 by shandy
Replied by shandy on topic Using ESA 85 For PIP
Hi Gordon

Thank you for your reply, last night at 6pm I had a call from the dwp case manager to tell me that I had been awarded Enhanced on Mobility and Enhanced on Care. He also told me that I should get the letter within the next week. It has been awarded for 2 years, I did question this period as my condition is terminal, so in two years time the condition will only get worse and his reply was that I would be re assessed again at that time, so I didn't want to push it too much incase I lost it all. Once again thank you to all the moderators at B & W for all your hard work, without your advice I couldn't have made it through this nightmare.

Shandy

More
7 years 11 months ago #158403 by shandy
Replied by shandy on topic Using ESA 85 For PIP
Sorry I meant to put a heart against the posting

shandy

More
7 years 11 months ago #158407 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Using ESA 85 For PIP
shandy

Glad to hear that they were able to process it so quickly. Thank you for your comments.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
7 years 11 months ago #158408 by slugsta
Replied by slugsta on topic Using ESA 85 For PIP

shandy wrote: Sorry I meant to put a heart against the posting

shandy

No problem, we can do that :)

I am very glad to hear that the decision on your claim is a positive one.

I'm afraid that, the way things are at the moment, you should expect reassessment to start a full year before the end of the award :(

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.