× Members

Using ESA 85 For PIP

More
8 years 1 month ago #154235 by shandy
Replied by shandy on topic Using ESA 85 For PIP
Well, I had my assessment this morning and my husband took the morning of to be my support, and did put his contribution in, the assessor was here for around 1.5 hours. She was a very nice young lady from Capita but she did ask a lot of questions which she was inputting into a computer. The lady is a part time nurse at our local A & E hospital and used to work on the haematology ward which I go to and was very aware of the problems with Myeloma which was refreshing. She told us she was also disabled which as time went on we could see she was a little bit deaf, so maybe that was her disability.

I did have more evidence in the way of esa medical and diary pages of my daily living for her but she said I had sent 38 pages so I didn't need anymore, so she didn't take them with her. All in all I found the assessment very tiring and you need to be on the ball with some of the questions. The lady wrote down all the aids that I use which we showed her, but she was putting in things I hadn't said like - my husband helps me shower, but she said and ' he helps wash your hair and back ' ? She even stayed 15 minutes longer after she told us she had finished to talk about the junior doctors strike with my husband.

I did ask her how we got on but she said it was not up to her - so now we wait !!!! thanks to everyone for their help and I will let you know when we get the results.

shandy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bro58
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #154238 by bro58
Replied by bro58 on topic Using ESA 85 For PIP

shandy wrote: Well, I had my assessment this morning and my husband took the morning of to be my support, and did put his contribution in, the assessor was here for around 1.5 hours. She was a very nice young lady from Capita but she did ask a lot of questions which she was inputting into a computer. The lady is a part time nurse at our local A & E hospital and used to work on the haematology ward which I go to and was very aware of the problems with Myeloma which was refreshing. She told us she was also disabled which as time went on we could see she was a little bit deaf, so maybe that was her disability.

I did have more evidence in the way of esa medical and diary pages of my daily living for her but she said I had sent 38 pages so I didn't need anymore, so she didn't take them with her. All in all I found the assessment very tiring and you need to be on the ball with some of the questions. The lady wrote down all the aids that I use which we showed her, but she was putting in things I hadn't said like - my husband helps me shower, but she said and ' he helps wash your hair and back ' ? She even stayed 15 minutes longer after she told us she had finished to talk about the junior doctors strike with my husband.

I did ask her how we got on but she said it was not up to her - so now we wait !!!! thanks to everyone for their help and I will let you know when we get the results.

shandy

Hi s,

Glad to hear that the face to face went O.K. !!! :)

You could give it a week or so then ring The PIP helpline for an update :

PIP Helpline :

Telephone: 0345 850 3322
Textphone: 0345 601 6677
Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm

Whilst on the phone you could also request copy of The PA4 Medical Report compiled by the PIP Assessor.

Some members have managed to obtain this before the decision, some have had to wait until after !

Fingers crossed !!! :)

bro58
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by bro58.

More
8 years 1 month ago #155007 by shandy
Well I rang DWP today to see if my PA4 (medical report) was available yet, they told me that the decision makers had asked for more evidence before making a decision. They still didn't tell me about my pa4 form. Should I be worried about them asking for more evidence as they already had 38 pages of it, and when I tried to give the Capita assessor some more she actually said '' you have sent more than enough, and we don't need anymore'' - a bit puzzled now !!

shandy

More
8 years 1 month ago #155026 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Using ESA 85 For PIP

shandy wrote: Well I rang DWP today to see if my PA4 (medical report) was available yet, they told me that the decision makers had asked for more evidence before making a decision. They still didn't tell me about my pa4 form. Should I be worried about them asking for more evidence as they already had 38 pages of it, and when I tried to give the Capita assessor some more she actually said '' you have sent more than enough, and we don't need anymore'' - a bit puzzled now !!

shandy

It's unusual for the DWP to do this but it's not necessarily something to worry about, it may be that the DM is considering a higher award but does not feel that the current assessment report justifies this.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: shandy

More
8 years 1 month ago #155431 by shandy
Hi All,

I have today received my PA4 from the DWP, I have added up the points the assessor has given me and it seems to be 13 for daily living and 12 for Mobility. I am hoping this will be enough to get enhanced PIP , but my worry is that DWP has asked for more information. In the report the assessor has said a lot that I didn't say but may help my cause, I can only wait and see what decision I finally get.

shandy
The following user(s) said Thank You: bro58

More
8 years 3 days ago #158305 by shandy
Hi all,

I still have not received a decision on my PIP, It will be 8 weeks this week since my medical assessment, despite numerous phone calls, last week the man at dwp told me he would get the case manager to update me, but nearly a week on and still no phone call. Would you have an update on the waiting period.

thanks
Shandy

Moderators: bro58GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.