× Members

PIP/ESA Horror

More
8 years 1 day ago #157992 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP/ESA Horror
Jen

Someone on another forum has posted that there were problems with the ESA payment system yesterday, this may explain your lack of payment, they are expecting deposits to be made tonight.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: jen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #158037 by Black Dahlia
Replied by Black Dahlia on topic PIP/ESA Horror
OMG Jen, this is terrible and I feel that the same thing is about to happen to me.

I filled in my PIP forms and despite a GP letter saying that I cannot attend a Face to Face interview, due to my Borderline Personality Disorder, anxiety, depression and Fibromyalgia, I have been given one on friday 13th next week!!!

I too am in the SG for ESA after appealing against the WRA group, I was slung into three years ago. I too am expecting review of ESA any time soon.

I also had an Indefinite award of DLA for Mental health conditions, suicide attempts and panic attacks.
I am beside myself with anxiety and feel utterly wretched.

I just know this is not going to go favourably.

Sorry I cant add anything useful here, but I must say without B&W I think I would be dead now, so use your Members guides.

Best of luck

More
7 years 11 months ago #159266 by jen
Replied by jen on topic PIP/ESA Horror

Black Dahlia wrote: OMG Jen, this is terrible and I feel that the same thing is about to happen to me.

I am beside myself with anxiety and feel utterly wretched.

I just know this is not going to go favourably.

Sorry I cant add anything useful here, but I must say without B&W I think I would be dead now, so use your Members guides.

Best of luck

Thank you. I share your pain and fear. Yes, without this site I would definitely be totally lost. Unfortunately with them inflicting both ESA and PIP nonsense upon me at the same time, it's created no end of chaos and confusion that trying to keep track of it all has been an absolute nightmare. The last 6 months of my life has been destroyed by all this and it's 6 months (and even more now it gets dragged out) I'm never gonna get back.

OK. Here's an update - ESA Mandatory decision letter arrived today, and surprise, surprise, no joy and all sorts of assumptions nonsense in their "decisions". Unfortunately, despite my writing a request over two weeks ago I still haven't been sent a copy of the WCA assessment report nor any confirmation that my relative can ring on my behalf. The ESA mandatory report had the nerve to state I CAN use the phone.
What part of "this person is DEAF" can they not understand? Pure discrimination.

So now begins the arduous horror of appealing against both ESA and PIP decisions. The nightmare drags on.

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #159286 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP/ESA Horror
Jen

The ESA Appeal guide has links to the SSCS1 form you will need to complete and instructions on how to complete it.

If you don't receive the assessment before them it will be included in the DWP submission to the Tribunal Service.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Gordon.

More
7 years 10 months ago #160702 by jen
No update on my situation but over the last week have learned of two casual acquaintances (both with mental health issues) both suddenly receiving ESA50 forms AND PIP forms within a few days of each other. To say they are shocked, crushed and devastated is putting it rather mildly.

Given what's been happening to me, and Black Dahlia above is also being put through this, and now these two acquaintances, are there any other signs that the DWP are ramping things up by deliberately dumping WCA's and PIP assessments on claimants simultaneously lately?

I find it mortifying that there are 4 people I know of - including myself - who have had this hell dumped upon them in recent times.

More
7 years 10 months ago #161182 by jen
After a month's wait, surprise surprise, mandatory reconsideration for PIP turned down. This comes a day after I sent in my ESA appeal so now have the misery of the PIP appeal to deal with now. It just never lets up.

After seven months of absolute hell, the DWP are intent on dragging this battle out to the bitter end. I really am fed up with it all since 2016 has been destroyed by this endless farce.

:(

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.